Spider-Man II (or III!)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SpecialEd

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
The only problem with Venom is that is there a crap load of explaining to do about his costume...

First you'd have to explain the whole Secret Wars saga that involves the whole marvel universe... especially avengers like Capt America and Iron Man... and how spider man original costume was destroyed and how he made a new black costume out of alien materials....

and then years later... have a whole battle scene where he fights the symbiote black costume... then have Eddie Brock finally merge with the weakened costume to form Venom...

and then to throw Carnage into the picture (which happens like 7-8 years after venom) would just be too much for a movie.

Venom is a relatively new character in the world of spiderman (late 80s)... i would much rather see classic bad guys like Doc Oct or the Lizard or the Vulture... the hobgoblin would be easier since his story is related to the green goblin.

docmanhattan

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2001

<< The only problem with Venom is that is there a crap load of explaining to do about his costume...

First you'd have to explain the whole Secret Wars saga that involves the whole marvel universe... especially avengers like Capt America and Iron Man... and how spider man original costume was destroyed and how he made a new black costume out of alien materials....

and then years later... have a whole battle scene where he fights the symbiote black costume... then have Eddie Brock finally merge with the weakened costume to form Venom...

and then to throw Carnage into the picture (which happens like 7-8 years after venom) would just be too much for a movie.

Venom is a relatively new character in the world of spiderman (late 80s)... i would much rather see classic bad guys like Doc Oct or the Lizard or the Vulture... the hobgoblin would be easier since his story is related to the green goblin.
>>

Exactly. Too much story to cover to bring Venom into the movies. Although, admittedly, it would be pretty cool to see the CG effects to do Venom on screen. :)

Joyride

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2001
Anyone know of a website that list's most if not all of Spidey's enemies with pictures and bios?

docmanhattan

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2001

<< Anyone know of a website that list's most if not all of Spidey's enemies with pictures and bios? >>

You might want to try Marvel's site

StinkyMeat

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2001
I agree about the Harry becoming Green Goblin and introducing Hobgoblin ideas. They seem like probable ways for the story to go. But don't you think today's audiences would get a bit tired of goblins? Wouldn't the movie be ridiculed for living off of the first movie's money-making teet? I know I'm not too hot about going to see another goblin fighting Spidey.

I did hear about the Doc Ock/Lizard idea. I think this could be a pretty good movie. Seems to be folling the Batman line though, first one villian, now 2 (with one of the 2 being ugly and overweight).

as for my casting call :)
Kurt Conners (Lizard): William H. Macy
Doctor Otto Octavius (Doc Ock): Philip Seymour Hoffman (of Patch Adams fame) (perfect!!)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
just so long as eliza dushku makes an appearance i'm happy.