Spicey got to meet the Pope finally!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Agree with most everyone, good for him. Total dick move by Trump to snub him the opportunity. Spicer has been one of the few in this clown car administration that I had some legitimate sympathy for.

Reactions: Thump553
Feb 4, 2009
Appears Spicey grew on many of us. He represented a Turd but turned out to be an endearing guy.

Plus SNL

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Appears Spicey grew on many of us. He represented a Turd but turned out to be an endearing guy.

Plus SNL

First I've heard of that. I think it's the fact Il Douche frockblocked him that's garnering sympathy.

I think many people still remember his dishonest invective and how it won out over the tenets of the religion he is so proud of. While I don't find hypocrites and poseurs endearing at all personally, it's hard not to be happy for someone who escaped having to work with the likes of Dump or Bannon. Just think of how much better that guy sleeps at night, how he probably only went through one bottle of Tums last week...

Feb 4, 2009
First I've heard of that. I think it's the fact Il Douche frockblocked him that's garnering sympathy.

I think many people still remember his dishonest invective and how it won out over the tenets of the religion he is so proud of. While I don't find hypocrites and poseurs endearing at all personally, it's hard not to be happy for someone who escaped having to work with the likes of Dump or Bannon. Just think of how much better that guy sleeps at night, how he probably only went through one bottle of Tums last week...

I suspect you have a different view about a county clerk who refused to issue marriage certificates to gays.....
However your point is noted and it's an opinion so no wrong answers

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I suspect you have a different view about a county clerk who refused to issue marriage certificates to gays.....

Given that ol Kim swore an oath of office to serve the people of her community and was imposing her religious views on them, contrary to that oath, I suspect you didn't think about that comparison much. ;)

However your point is noted and it's an opinion so no wrong answers

Fair enough. Part of that opinion does agree with you btw, with regard to SNL. I think Spicer owes a debt of gratitude to McCarthy's portrayal of him. The humor worked for him. Without it he'd just be our own Baghdad Bob, a zealot hiding from the press behind the shrubbery.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I feel so so sorry for.............the Pope if Spicer had a confessional with him. That being said, I do feel good for Spicer getting his meetup with a guy I personally deeply respect if not for his position but for his character, his bearing and his close kinship with the common folk.

Reactions: cytg111