"Sperm Doning" Anxieties

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Would have asked this in Brutuskend's topic, but it's too serious to goof about.

Years ago, a friend told me he had unprotected sex with some bimbo on spring break in Florida. I asked about his concern for STDs, and he said it wasn't as dire back then. I asked, "What if she got pregnant and had your kid, wouldn't that bother you?" Not the fact that she may come looking for child support, but the fact that some stranger would be raising your own flesh and blood. He said it didn't concern him in the least. Personally, that would tear my heart out to think my own child was being raised by God knows who. Anybody else ever think about that? Being a sperm donor would amount to the same end.

Edit: Complete spell check repair!

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So much for being serious...

...if you didn't raise him, then why should you care?

So, if you "raised him", that's what makes the difference, eh? The thought of total strangers raising my own flesh & blood makes my skin crawl... don't know why. :confused:

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: Ornery
So much for being serious...

...if you didn't raise him, then why should you care?

So, if you "raised him", that's what makes the difference, eh? The thought of total strangers raising my own flesh & blood makes my skin crawl... don't know why. :confused:

how's he not being serious? It wouldn't bother me one bit (and it'd never happen, I don't meet the height requirement to donate :p). My "child" is the one I raise. Whether of my own blood or if I adopted.

However, with that said, I would have to say the answer would probably be different for women because they actually have a physical attachment to a child.

I dunno, my opinion.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I meant about my serious spelling shortfalls.

I keep picturing the boys I now have, being raised by strangers. Creeps me out!