Spellforce 2 cheap on Steam, Is it anygood?

Aug 11, 2008
The weekend special on Steam is Spellforce and Spellforce 2 at 75 percent off. Spellforce 2 Gold which contains Spellforce 2 and an expansion is like 8.00.
Has anyone played this game and what is it like??? Is it anygood?. It got decent reviews on gamespot, but seems to be some sort of RPG/RTS hybrid. Sometimes these do not work out too well.
Anyway, kind of bored right now so thinking about picking this up. What do you all think?

heat901

Dec 17, 2009
He was probably just joking around :p relaxing and use the search at the top and it will probably come up!!!! I decided to buy it just because its only 7 dollars....

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
My response posted on the other thread:

"Spellforce 2 was amazing, simply great fun.

Top-down RTS with RPG Hero elements and several traditional RTS base building missions."

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
its ok; i never liked the UI very much and it is for the most part not very configurable.

sanzen07

Feb 15, 2007
troof. i'm all about quantity over quality :)

Not something I'd want to be proud of. You were a being a douche and you've added nothing to the thread.

Anyway I played the demo and it seemed fun. Might be worth picking up since it's so cheap.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
"Amazing," is a bit generous. Your units were a bit fragile in the RTS sections, meaning you had to spend a lot of time on microing heals since your resources were too limited to afford a constant stream of reinforcements. The pathing was a kinda bad. The differential between construction/destruction was silly -- it'd take you a minute to take down a building and then the enemy would have it back up in 20 seconds. No hotkeys for abilites IIRC.
The RPG sections were great. The RTS sections were frustrating.