Speeeding the original iPhone with iOS 3.1.3

Discussion in 'All Things Apple' started by As Seen on TV, Jan 3, 2013.

1. As Seen on TV

As Seen on TV Junior Member

I recently revived the original iPhone (jailbroken) that can only be upgraded to iOS 3.1.3.

Is there any mods to speed it up? Would a "Reset All Settings" or "Erase All Content and Settings" help?

2. effowe

effowe Diamond Member

I'm sure those things wouldn't hurt, but may not speed it up considerably. When I was running 3.1.3 I often used SysInfoPlus to kill unwanted apps / processes. Also, the more things you load up at startup (different tweaks / mobile substrate add ons), the laggier it will be.

3. IHAVEAQUESTION

IHAVEAQUESTION Golden Member

Is your jailbroken and unlocked?

Mine is running 3.1.3 as well. It's slow but I attribute the problem to mine being JB and unlocked.

It also sucks that most apps required iOS4 or above.

4. As Seen on TV

As Seen on TV Junior Member

I upgraded to the 4S 14 month ago so it has been off all that time. Just turned it on again because I need another phone to do GSM voice calls and SMS.

Do not mind that no apps will work on it. The thing stutters by mere navigating the GUI.

5. ViRGE

ViRGE Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus

There's not much you can do there besides wiping it. The original iPhone used a 412MHz ARM11 processor; relative to other 2007 phones it's fast, but it never was anywhere near the level of fluidity that the 3GS and later phones achieved.

6. manly

manly Diamond Member