Speedfan -- Which temps are my processor cores?

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
I'm stress testing my current overclock (240x12) with OCCT, and monitoring with Speedfan 4.33 simultaneously. I *believe* that Temp1 and Temp2 would be my two core temperatures. They're reading ~48 and ~40*C. What would Temp3 be reading? It's showing ~55*C.

However, underneath "internal temp" (which constantly reads 100*C for some reason) and remote temp, there's another "Temp1" which is reading about 40*C. I've got a zerotherm Nirvana with its fan running at 100% as well.

Core reads ~23*C, and CPU isn't reading anything.

Anyone got any clue?

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
F1 for help :) seriously I have just started messing with speedfan and it is kinda confusing. Especially the bottom temp labled: core. I guess I need to hit F1 too, LOL!

DSF

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2007
For me, the temp labeled "Core" was the core of my graphics card. Click the "Configure" button, and in the Temperatures tab it will tell you where each temperature is being read from.

Also, start your your computer and run speedfan. With speedfan up, run your stress program. Whichever temperatures jump up rapidly are most likely your core temperatures.

Shujaa

Nov 13, 2003
I'd use Coretemp to figure out which temp is the one you want. I find it to be more reliable.