Question Speculation: Ryzen 3000 series pricing

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bsp2020

Dec 29, 2015
There has been a lot of post back and forth about what the pricing and core counts will be of Zen2 based Ryzen processors. So, I think it's time to ask people to vote for what they believe AMD's high end AM4 product stack will look like at what prices. I think there are mainly two different opinions about what the high end AM4 offering will be like. So, please, vote for your favorite.

Edit: The extra comment I put at the end of the last choice does not make sense. Please, ignore it.
"They are both too cheap. AMD will go after market share at all cost."

Last edited:

moinmoin

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2017
I could say I told you so lol :) Corporatism 101, charge what the market will bear. Shareholders run the show.
That's more cynically put than it needs to be.

Unlike Intel AMD has shown that they are not bothered by their launch prices being dropped over time. This combined with their quick turn around for newer gens that offer tangible improvements in different areas makes for some good offers to those consumers that don't need to own bleeding edge hardware.

Sound pretty close to a win win scenario for everybody within a cynical corporatism environment if you ask me.

Roadrunner0

Jul 1, 2019
AMD just finalized their patent for a peltier effect wafer cooling technology that promises to lower junction temperatures at the junction directly.. They also patented stacking CPU wafers vertically and I see a future jump from 64 bit I/O threads to 256 bit width which will alleviate crowded and hot high clock speed threads.. Bypassing the 5ghz clock speed wall like they did with their wide memory used in video cards to get more done per clock but it is sad they did not sli chip the GPU and really make a leap.. Their production process of chiplets and separate controller will lend itself to economical scaling of future CPU models.. Their new GPU instruction strategy and architecture is also something to watch because once fully realized its potential to change how thing are done can't be denied.. I plan to let the dust settle for a bit with this launch because a price war is brewing and we the consumers will benefit with falling prices.. It has been 10 years since we last did the replace shuffle so we are ready to pounce on those deals..

Reactions: amd6502