• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Speculation: RDNA2 + CDNA Architectures thread

Page 227 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I think it's more related to the 6 nm refresh, which is looking more likely they are doing a full refresh. Mining specific SKUs wouldn't surprise me though.
-Indeed, moving to 6nm would allow AMD to produce more dies per wafer and they would not have to compete with 5nm supply with their CPUs and potentially console SOCs.

Given AMD (and NV) still have not even released their full current gen line-up, it doesn't look like anyone is in a big hurry to move on to next gen archs at the moment for any number of different reasons.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
-Indeed, moving to 6nm would allow AMD to produce more dies per wafer and they would not have to compete with 5nm supply with their CPUs and potentially console SOCs.

Given AMD (and NV) still have not even released their full current gen line-up, it doesn't look like anyone is in a big hurry to move on to next gen archs at the moment for any number of different reasons.
I would be surprised for AMD to make a further lower tier card for desktop. I think this is it, and what the 6 nm would be (which would make sense to me) is largely the same specs with some clock/memory/price (heh) changes.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
There is a Navi 24 (16CU, 64-bits GDDR6,16MB IC), probably called RX6300 incoming.
Yeah, but is it going to cost less than $280?

Part of the problem is that even if it can't mine, the market is so distorted that this will wind up getting scalped as well.

LightningZ71

Mar 10, 2017
They will as long as people still buy them...

A 6nm refresh of the current cards to replace the 700/600/500 level SKUs seems like a no-brainer. ITs already rumored that the 6800 chip is being bumped down to the 700, and the rest down as well. Might as well combine the two.

ASK THE COMMUNITY