Special Counsel KrakenPot?

Nov 17, 2019
Is there any doubt left that this idiot is completely insane?

"President Donald Trump on Friday discussed making Sidney Powell, who as a lawyer for his campaign team unleashed a series of conspiracy theories about a Venezuelan plot to rig U.S. voting machines, a special counsel investigating voter fraud,"

• Wow
Reactions: cytg111

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
I hope Dominion and smartmatic sue the crap out of trump if he goes through with this.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I assume the new admin could fire her, right? Of course the right wing media would attack them for doing so, but you can have a nut like that as a special prosecutor, especially over a completely made up conspiracy.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I think Biden would find a way to dump that idiot quick, no time for a Senate confirmation so she would not be like
Mueller was.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I assume the new admin could fire her, right? Of course the right wing media would attack them for doing so, but you can have a nut like that as a special prosecutor, especially over a completely made up conspiracy.

That is very likely the precise idea behind it. Appoint a complete lunatic as "special counsel" to investigate so-called election fraud, knowing that Biden is going to have to fire her or it will be an insane sideshow circus for who knows how long. Then when he fires her the right will pounce. They'll say, remember when they said it was obstructing justice when Trump tried to fire Mueller?

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
That is very likely the precise idea behind it. Appoint a complete lunatic as "special counsel" to investigate so-called election fraud, knowing that Biden is going to have to fire her or it will be an insane sideshow circus for who knows how long. Then when he fires her the right will pounce. They'll say, remember when they said it was obstructing justice when Trump tried to fire Mueller?
But Mueller went through a Senate confirmation process, Powell would obviously not so she could be fired easily, (in the legal aspect anyway).

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
But Mueller went through a Senate confirmation process, Powell would obviously not so she could be fired easily, (in the legal aspect anyway).

I was thinking what Biden should do is rather than fire her, defund her. Just say, if she wants to pursue crackpot theories which have failed in court dozens of times already, then fine. She can be "special counsel." But she isn't going to use taxpayer money to do it. Then just ignore her. The media should too.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Only the Attorney General has the authority to appoint a special counsel-

It would take something more than Nixon's Saturday night massacre to find somebody to serve as AG who'd appoint Sidney Powell to anything. If Trump fires Rosen, he has to follow the line of succession. He can't just appoint anybody he wants. It would be so transparent that Biden could fire her with impunity.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Only the Attorney General has the authority to appoint a special counsel-

It would take something more than Nixon's Saturday night massacre to find somebody to serve as AG who'd appoint Sidney Powell to anything. If Trump fires Rosen, he has to follow the line of succession. He can't just appoint anybody he wants. It would be so transparent that Biden could fire her with impunity.
except to the base, but then it might be beneficial to let it play out and have whatever she brings up dismissed with prejudice in the courts.

Nov 17, 2019
^^ We know by now that they won't even accept that. Several of these 'cases' have been tossed out by Donny's hand picked Judges. The flock now rails against those Judges.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Didn't the Trump campaign try to distance themselves from Powell just last month?

Dec 10, 2005
Didn't the Trump campaign try to distance themselves from Powell just last month?
With how fast Survivor: White House is moving, that was effectively last season. No one is going to notice the plot holes with her potential new role.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
PHOENIX — Two former presidents of the Arizona State Bar and five other attorneys have jointly filed an ethics complaint against 21 attorneys who went to court on behalf of President Donald Trump and the Arizona Republican Party after the 2020 election.

“Confidence in the legal system is seriously eroded when attorneys treat lawsuits as a platform for broadcasting gossip and innuendo utterly devoid of factual proof, as a political stunt,” the letter states.

It's about time ... good for them. I hope all other states that were made to suffer this bullshit follow, uhh, suit. Long past due.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
All DumpsterFire sees on Fox/OAN/Newmax is Rudy, Lin Wood, and Powell so they must be great lawyers - otherwise they wouldn’t be on all the time, right?

Ten million other lawyers available and he’s infatuated with the three stooges. And there’s no one home at the White House to say, “Sir, those three are fucking imbeciles. Only a complete idiot would have anything to do with them, Sir.” Obviously the people who would have said that would have been shitcanned. “But they like me. If you’re not saying things that I like. You’re fake news.”

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
All DumpsterFire sees on Fox/OAN/Newmax is Rudy, Lin Wood, and Powell so they must be great lawyers - otherwise they wouldn’t be on all the time, right?

Ten million other lawyers available and he’s infatuated with the three stooges. And there’s no one home at the White House to say, “Sir, those three are fucking imbeciles. Only a complete idiot would have anything to do with them, Sir.” Obviously the people who would have said that would have been shitcanned. “But they like me. If you’re not saying things that I like. You’re fake news.”
Real lawyers charge a lot more, and expect to be paid. Plus, real lawyers don't accept BS lawsuits.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm wondering instead why Trump is instead giving Hunter a pardon. After all, if Trump's supposedly innocent kids are entitled to pardons to protect them from politically inspired prosecutions, doesn't Hunter Biden squarely into that category as well?

I guess Trump is more about partisanship and favoritism than justice in making his pardon decisions.