speaking of conservative family values-- Sheriff's deputies in North Carolina are unsure why a woman tied up her husband and castrated him

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If anybody would care to put me in touch with the N. Carolina sheriff's department, I would be happy to explain why she did this.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
We can all get a laugh or shock out of wacky threads like this, but it's a shame when someone uses a single incident to try to besmirch an entire group. Actions like this are almost always the outlier rather than the norm. Pretending it's anything other is simply lying.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
From what I understand NC is a major hub of the Bible belt!!
I wouldn`t be surprised if this lady had a Bible in her other hand as she was castrating the poor guy.......

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Various clues as to her motive here:

His wife told a 911 operator that she used a pruner, “good for pruning roses,” and that James’s bleeding wasn’t enough to create the “sign of the cross or write ‘sinner,’ ” according to WITN, which obtained the 911 call.

The arrest report stated that Frabutt’s motive for amputating her husband’s penis was unclear, but she told the 911 dispatcher the cause of her husband’s pain was “part of the message against sinning against God and fornication,” according to WITN.

Two things can be gleaned:

1. She's religious.
2. Her husband almost certainly cheated on her.

As to her political beliefs, unknown. Party registration doesn't mean everything. My wife has been a registered republican since she turned 18, a long time ago. But she hasn't voted for a republican since 1996.

Last edited: