Spawn Camping Service Announcement

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Thats tasteless.
I wish i didn't even click on that.. 'It's a cute baby with a gun pointed at its head'
I'm not a gamer.. maybe that's why i don't get it !

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: ajpa123
Thats tasteless.
I wish i didn't even click on that.. 'It's a cute baby with a gun pointed at its head'

bingo

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: bootymac

that is why you don't get it.

omg.. i know that.
That's my way of asking for an explanation. Still waiting for one, thanks :)

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Amen
That being said, if I'm playing DM and I happen to run by a spawn point and someone happens to spawn they are free game IMHO. Spawn camping is cheap as hell though.

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999

omg.. i know that.

When you spawn into a game, you are helpless for a fraction of a second, much like a baby is helpless in a new world. People take advantage of this and kill you.

It's annoying as hell.

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Magnum375

omg.. i know that.

When you spawn into a game, you are helpless for a fraction of a second, much like a baby is helpless in a new world. People take advantage of this and kill you.

It's annoying as hell.

Sounds like fun!
Is there a unwritten rule where you are given a moment to adjust to your surroundings for like a second, or no?

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999

omg.. i know that.

It's annoying as hell.

Sounds like fun!
Is there a unwritten rule where you are given a moment to adjust to your surroundings for like a second, or no?

Hah, no. People are ruthless. I have never not been spawn killed when I can see the enemy as I join/rejoin the battle.

Quake 3 used to be pretty good for this when I was playing it back in the day. People had honour, they wouldn't spawn camp nearly as much as they do now.

Those were the good old days.

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002

omg.. i know that.

It's annoying as hell.

Sounds like fun!

Hah, no.

good admins will kick spawn killers tho.

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: shimsham

omg.. i know that.

It's annoying as hell.

Sounds like fun!

Hah, no.

good admins will kick spawn killers tho.

I've only seen it happen a few times. This image is universal also, obviously.

darkeneddays

Jan 10, 2002
I can relate. We get the spawn killers pretty thick on Moh. The Remegen map comes to mind when thinking of spawn camping. The spawn points are horrible there.

If I'm running around and someone happens to spawn near me, yes, I rip into them. Only because I know that if I were to pass them by I'd get shot in the back. Once I rip them though, I move along.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Spawn camping is legal in match play which is why it is allowed on my clan's DoD servers.

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: darkeneddays
I can relate. We get the spawn killers pretty thick on Moh. The Remegen map comes to mind when thinking of spawn camping. The spawn points are horrible there.

If I'm running around and someone happens to spawn near me, yes, I rip into them. Only because I know that if I were to pass them by I'd get shot in the back. Once I rip them though, I move along.

Yeah see that's ok, it's just the ass' who decide to set up as a sniper over the spawn points and what not that I really hate,

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: Sukhoi
Spawn camping is legal in match play which is why it is allowed on my clan's DoD servers.

I seem to remember that you couldn't really spawn camp in DoD, arn't most of the spawn points blocked off ?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Spawn campers should be stabbed in the crotch with a rusty garden spade.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
If you didn't suck I'd of never made it over to your spawn. It's merely natural selection, go quietly.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: darkeneddays

Bingo....my thoughts exactly.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999

I seem to remember that you couldn't really spawn camp in DoD, arn't most of the spawn points blocked off ?

Yes you usually can't shoot the people directly as they appear in the game, but you can still spawncamp as the spawns only have a few exits.

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999

Yes you usually can't shoot the people directly as they appear in the game, but you can still spawncamp as the spawns only have a few exits.

Roger...