"Space Shuttle Mission 2007" - replacing Virgin's - I LIKE IT!

onorbit

Mar 24, 2008
... having played with it since its release this January all I can say - I AM AMAZED. I did need to invest some time in learning this beast (in novice mode) - after all, there is so much to be done and I knew so little about space shuttles <g>!

First, you have 11 real historical missions including satellites and Hubble launches and repair, ISS docking and building, EVA etc. all complemented by an incredibly detailed 3D cockpit and panels with hundreds of switches and get this - a fully operational RMS! And what's a shuttle sim without a stunning Earth + 3D clouds + lighting FX? This baby has it ALL!

What can I say. FS9 is now catching dust as I am more and more in Space! The support is also top-notch: the developers have just release free service packs which add TrackIR and TripleHead2Go support (which I already own <g>), and they plan to release the latest completed NASA mission STS-122 for free, and they promise us more free addon missions (can't wait for STS-123)! This thing looks amazing as it spreads over three screens in all its glory! Space's never been so close! Life is good!

Now I gotta run... Mission Control just okayed my next EVA.

EV1 out!

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
i'd say its spam. But nevertheless worthless without pics/links.

Btw. x-plane V9 ROCKS and owns FSX (and i have 5+ addons and all major world sceneries and meshes for FSX and it still looks like *** and is slow.

I bought x-plane V9 with the world scenery DVDs ( 8 double layer DVDs!!) , and x-plane also has an option flying a space-shuttle - needles to say that x-plane is also a multitude faster than FSX :)

If you want a good flight sim you have to checkout x-plane!!

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
This thread is a little suspicious, since it is the only post by the OP and it sounds a lot like viral marketing. However, we can't be too quick to accuse and run off potentially good members. This could simply be the first post by an enthusiastic customer...and that's exactly the type of info we would want to encourage. So let's give this a chance to play out and see what else the OP has to say.

Rio Rebel
Senior Moderator

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
actually i does. I wonder if the downloadable game allows a trial without a purchase first.

add: that site is a total no-go with firefox.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Bah

My Space Station Simulator / Space Shuttle Simulator kicks the crap out of that thing.

Of course it's about 30 billion dollars and it's a bit more realistic than a simulator...........

Ah Flight Control - Hours of boredom followed by moments of sheer terror.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Originally posted by: onorbit
... having played with it since its release this January all I can say - I AM AMAZED. I did need to invest some time in learning this beast (in novice mode) - after all, there is so much to be done and I knew so little about space shuttles <g>!

First, you have 11 real historical missions including satellites and Hubble launches and repair, ISS docking and building, EVA etc. all complemented by an incredibly detailed 3D cockpit and panels with hundreds of switches and get this - a fully operational RMS! And what's a shuttle sim without a stunning Earth + 3D clouds + lighting FX? This baby has it ALL!

What can I say. FS9 is now catching dust as I am more and more in Space! The support is also top-notch: the developers have just release free service packs which add TrackIR and TripleHead2Go support (which I already own <g>), and they plan to release the latest completed NASA mission STS-122 for free, and they promise us more free addon missions (can't wait for STS-123)! This thing looks amazing as it spreads over three screens in all its glory! Space's never been so close! Life is good!

Now I gotta run... Mission Control just okayed my next EVA.

EV1 out!

Ah no we didn't ;)

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
well...here a honest review:

I think charging full-price for this is little bit much since the game looks like something which could evolve in the future - but at the current stage i would probably only pay $39 or $29 for it.

Graphical Options are very little, and eg. you have to force AA in Driver Control panel otherwise you get a lot of jaggies.

From what i've seen the game "looks ok"...i havent played too much yet, AT ALL so take what i say with a grain of salt. You have the option for several views, this includes 3d Cockpit view, pilot/copilot, spectator view etc..etc..

In the menu you can select several STS missions and you can fly them, from start to landing...including EVA.
So the simulation actually looks very interesting and space freaks certainly might like it!

The game is VERY compact 150MB (!)...manuals etc. come all as online downloads.

I still have to test this more to give a better "review"...but comparing it to FSX or even x-plane is nonsense since it just doesnt have too many options and seems limited, but i can see this becoming a pretty interesting simulation, nevertheless.
I actually expected LESS considering that the whole game is only 130MB!