Space Hulk

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
anybody checking this out? I was going to preorder and forgot. I did a little Youtube cruising and looked at some early missions..Looks just like the old school one from the early 90's for the Amiga and PC.. any thoughts from people who bought? It was a fairly hard game in the 90's, how about now?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
From everything I read from people who bought it. It is just like the table top version. So if you like the original you'll like this. People seem to be happy with it. I want to grab it, but just too busy too get it atm.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
I hear ya..

"sir , you are being Hunted" and "might & Magic X" are both on steam.. and I just saw due to another thread here there is a remake of Realms of Arkania on Steam too..

way to much stuff.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Used to have Space Hulk for the Amiga, it was nothing great back then.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Used to have Space Hulk for the Amiga, it was nothing great back then.

Space Hulk back then wasn't really Space Hulk. It was some sort of first person representation of Space Hulk.

This Space Hulk is like Space Crusade. Plays more like the board game.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I hear ya..

"sir , you are being Hunted" and "might & Magic X" are both on steam.. and I just saw due to another thread here there is a remake of Realms of Arkania on Steam too..

way to much stuff.

I did like Realms of Arkania

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Space Hulk back then wasn't really Space Hulk. It was some sort of first person representation of Space Hulk.

This Space Hulk is like Space Crusade. Plays more like the board game.

Well i couldn't hold out.. and as far as I can see they play the same pretty much (old and new), now I must admit its been quite a few years since I had the AMIGA one going. As for the board game.. only played that maybe 3-4 times (again many years ago), but seems about as good a copy as you could make without putting a bunch of dice on the screen.

with all that said.. I think i wasted $29, it feels to much like the board game to me.. which brings the the point of the problem.. playing a board game with a friend=fun, playing a board game on a PC alone.. boring.

Feb 4, 2009
I never played the board game it sounds kind of cool but they lost me at made for PC & tablets for only $30. Pass
Someone should make an XCOM-ENEMY UNKNOWN version of the game. Have a turn timer that you have to watch and see how much forgotten technology you can find make hardcore mode a time that constantly runs, so don't over think you're turn.