Southern whites troubled by Romney's wealth, religion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
My wife's family is southern rednecks who have been die hard republicans all their life and even they are starting to question Romney.

You'd have to have a vested interest, i.e. "rich," or be an absolute idiot not to question Romney. The man has no conscience or scruples. He'll literally say anything to win, which is the only thing he cares about in the first place.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Now that is some fine irony there, Bill.

Also, rednecks are dumb.
How is that ironic? I work for private companies and I'll be the first to say private companies are screwed up. It takes 5 signatures to buy a $10 item.

He'll literally say anything to win, which is the only thing he cares about in the first place.
To be fair, that's most politicians. What makes Romney different is that he's really bad at this. I'm amazed that he would ever run a company successfully. Does he waffle this often at his other jobs? Let's buy bonds and sell the stocks. No, wait, let's sell the bonds and buy stocks. Let's go long on this investment. On second thought, let's go short then long. We should move our factory to Mexico.... err no, China, errrr, I don't know. Somebody please tell me! I can't decide!

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
How is that ironic? I work for private companies and I'll be the first to say private companies are screwed up. It takes 5 signatures to buy a $10 item.

Lets see... guy worked for a semi-government controlled entity and is now retired and receiving a government pension. Yet everything the government does is screwed up. :hmm:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Didnt GWB run against Gore and then Kerry?

The point is she was an Obama supporter, and intends to support him again in this election. Yet, IMO, the article is trying to spin this a different way.

Fern

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
The point is she was an Obama supporter, and intends to support him again in this election. Yet, IMO, the article is trying to spin this a different way.

Fern

I voted for GWB in 2000 and I voted to oust our Democrat governor Joe Davis (aka Grey) in favor of Arnold Schwarzenegger. I'm registered as a Republican but there is no way I'm voting for Romney this November. I would have voted for McCain too until he picked that nitwit Sarah Palin as his running mate.

People who vote strictly along party lines are idiots.

Last edited:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

Fern

That's totally a wild ass guess on your point that she is an Obama supporter.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Anybody else notice the bolded part?

Why doesn't it say "voted for McCain"? Is it because she didn't? (Bush never ran against Obama.)

I think she's an Obama supporter from '08.

If so, article is dishonest bullshit. But then again, what's new?

Fern

Right, she pejoritively believes Obama is a Muslim, yet still voted for him.