Southern Hospitality Warnings issued by the Southern Tourism Bureau to ALL visiting Northerners and Northeastern Urbanit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
freaky southerners just conform already, it'll happen whether the Statue of General Lee wants it to or not.

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I take issue with only one of those statements: I grew up on the shore of Lake Erie, and I can assure you that it never caught on fire. It was the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland that did (twice). ;)

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
My room mate is from Texas if that counts for anything? :) Poor kid gets ridiculed more then he deserves.

BeHeMOTH

Nov 9, 1999
hey FettsBabe is that Lexington in kentucky or somewhere else? I must stay that I just love the south.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Calling Oregon a wussy team, eh Fettsbabe? If Viper, fkloster, and I show up with a few linebackers, don't say we didn't warn ya.;)

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Come on Virge, me and the boys will kick your ass!! After that, we can go to the local Pub, kick back, watch the game and have a few!
;)

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
that's what's so funny about you rebels, "ya'll" sit there and brood about how much yankees suck and how great the south is. meanwhile yankees, as "ya'll" call them, don't even really know you exist. also, southerners tend to be how shall i say it, mis-shapen? alot of you just don't look right. not quite Deliverance-esque. but it's close.

oldandquitemad

Jun 15, 2000
Interesting observation from someone whose profile says they are from Blacksburg, Alberta, United States.

I've never been there. Did y'all seceded from Canada?

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
Virge:
Fine. Get your wussy linebackers. We'll go to Bama and get us some 300 pound linemen:) And they'll kick your ass:D

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I'd like to point out that it's y'all and not ya'll. It's an abbreviation of the words 'you' and 'all', and you think Southerners are stupid, at least we can spell. Not to mention we have the first state to fund a public university (UGA, oldest state funded college in the nation). I also wanted to ask what's so bad about Waffle House, I guess youse guys (hehe) don't have our refined palates, I have no problem eating there, there's no better meal at 2:30 a.m. (but I don't suggest going there if anything else is open). In short, we Southerners are just better than y'all Northerners and you know it too, so SHADDUP!!

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
actually, my profile is a lie. that's blacksburg, VIRGINIA. yes, i live and study and work in the south. and i like to make fun of it. i also like to make fun of them damn canucks. god, let's not get started on them!

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Hey, you know to all us foreigners, all Americans are yanks (we call 'em 'septics', as in septic tanks ryme with yanks:)).

I've been that way, myself to, I cought the train from New Orleans to Orlando & had to go via Birmingham, Alabama, to change trains. You know that 'Southern Railroad' train was as good as as any of the AMTRAK trains we were on.

BTW, us Aussies have something in common with you 'septics from the south' :). We also call cola 'Coke', no matter what brand it is, it could be Pepsi, Schwepps, No Frills, or Virgin Cola, but to us Aussies its all Coke.