Southern Comfort Drinkers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
soco + sprite
soco + cran (good but I don't order it at the bar cause red drinks are the ghey)
soco + apple juice (sounds really, really nasty but it's actually good)

I spent half of college with a 750 of soco in one hand and a 20oz Dr. Pepper in the other. Took too much time to mix drinks it was easier just to take a big ol swig of Soco straight and then follow it with a chaser.

xXped0thugXx

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: sao123
Originally posted by: joshsquall
I have a related question. I got my first Crown Royal the other day as a gift. What should I drink it with? How is it straight?

I like whiskey as much as the next guy, but....

whiskey was meant to be done in shots.

not true, whiskey on the rocks, or whiskey with ginger ale is my favorite

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Wow...haven't had southern comfort since the day I took my ex's best friend to court (her BF was getting arraigned) and after, we drank a fifth of it, and ended up in bed together....and got caught by my ex...(not married, just engaged)

Crown is good in just about any way you want to drink it...Smooth as silk neat, great on the rocks, or with your choice of mixer. (IMO, too good to dilute with a mixer, but that's me)

Haha you just wanted to brag :p Btw, at first I read it as you ended up in bed with your ex's new boyfriend... :Q

unisprise

Sep 17, 2003
I just have to say I can't stand the stuff. Mixed, or on the rocks. The only even slightly palatable way to drink it is with lime, straight as a shot. Basically I think of soco the same way I think of Old Navy. Throwaway, bottom of the barrel liquor, at a higher price than it deserves.