South Park Fractured Butthole is on the way.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I think most of us already know it has a difficulty setting based on skin color:

tvc41uil3fkmcxhdagk5.png

Also, articles are saying the combat is gonna be tactical style, instead of that awful quick-time attack nonsense of the earlier game.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/0...o-expect-from-the-fractured-but-whole/271401/

fractured3.jpg

And it looks like you will be breaking up a crime ring with The my excellent compatriot as your guide. That sounds like it could be fun.

fractured-but-whole.jpg

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh, the reason I brought up this game is I reinstalled The Stick of Truth and tried playing it again. First time around I didnt like it. The combat was annoying as were almost all of the mini-games. But I plowed through and beat it this time. Had not played for 3 whole years.
Its OK, but I hope the next one does not rely on annoying mini-games.

bfun_x1

May 29, 2015
I loved everything about the The Stick of Truth. I'd be happy getting more of the same.

bfun_x1

May 29, 2015
The turn based combat was alright. It did just enough to contribute to the overall parody of an RPG. I hope the new system works well but if it gets too complicated or serious it could overshadow the comedic theme of the game. If I have grind away in combat just to get to the next fart joke I'm going to get upset.

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
The turn based combat was alright. It did just enough to contribute to the overall parody of an RPG. I hope the new system works well but if it gets too complicated or serious it could overshadow the comedic theme of the game. If I have grind away in combat just to get to the next fart joke I'm going to get upset.

Stick of truth reminded me of the paper Mario series...With aborted fetus' and racial slurs.

Reactions: shortylickens

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Really liked Stick of Truth. Looking forward to this. Logged onto Steam to preorder. Saw that it requires Steam AND UPlay. Also ships with Denuvo. I'm out, lost a sale Ubisoft.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Really liked Stick of Truth. Looking forward to this. Logged onto Steam to preorder. Saw that it requires Steam AND UPlay. Also ships with Denuvo. I'm out, lost a sale Ubisoft.
Yeah I noticed that too. I'm gonna wait several days after launch and see how much people complain about the DRM. I already have UPlay because of a few other games, its not horrible but I am more cautious with my purchases now. I also have Origin. Dont love it, but I can cope.

The one I really dont like is Yuplay from Gaijin Entertainment. It sucks. Its horrible. And its needed for Wings of Prey which I really love. Kind of a shame.

bfun_x1

May 29, 2015

Is it all anti-piracy software you don't like or just Denuvo?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I am a giant tool.

Bought the game. Preloading now. It releases in 22 hours. So basically noon tomorrow for east coast users.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Game unlocked early.

Its lots of fun. I like the combat much better. Doesnt rely on quicktime events as much. Costumes are now independent of equipment. You can craft stuff. Upgrades go directly on your character instead of attached to gear. cosmetic alterations are now unlocked instead of collected in inventory. but that also means they cannot be sold for quick cash.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
HEY GUYS!

IMA GIANT FLAMER!

The cops are stealing all the cats in town. Their scheme is to milk their anal glands, use it to make drugs, slip the drugs into the towns food and water supply, and force an increase in crime, giving the cops more work to do and possibly a larger budget. They use the mafia to move the cats and drugs around, and sometimes 6th graders. The strippers know about the cat situation but dont talk to the heroes until after being beaten.

Last edited:

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
So apparently the Denuvo on this was cracked within a day (per Ars). Nothing like two service logins and worthless DRM to inconvenience legitimate customers. If they release it with the DRM patched out I think I'll buy it but until then I've got Xcom and Mario +Rabbids to keep me entertained.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
So apparently the Denuvo on this was cracked within a day (per Ars). Nothing like two service logins and worthless DRM to inconvenience legitimate customers. If they release it with the DRM patched out I think I'll buy it but until then I've got Xcom and Mario +Rabbids to keep me entertained.

DRM does not have to work. DRM has become a religion.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OH crap! I forgot to tell you guys I beat it some time ago.

Only takes about 16 hours for the main quest and majority of side quests.
Theres not much replay value because theres no variation in the story and your super power selection isnt that big a deal. Your allies never change in ability either.

Overall not a great deal for the money. But I had fun for a short while.

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010

Theres not much replay value because theres no variation in the story and your super power selection isnt that big a deal. Your allies never change in ability either.

Looks I'll be waiting for it to drop in price as well as be on sale before I buy it. Hopefully they will remove that Denuvo "protection" when that happens, although knowing Ubisoft, probably not.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

Well, then that means that there will probably be a lot of used copies for consoles available soon. That should drive down the price. I'll be looking for it to be around $20 by Black Friday.

For me, the console version will be better anyway as I won't have to deal with all the DRM.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Thats why I dont like Steam. I cant sell or even give away titles I've stopped playing. One day when I finally quit for real I will probably give my login to someone. Maybe my little cousin. He loves Steam.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Thats why I dont like Steam. I cant sell or even give away titles I've stopped playing. One day when I finally quit for real I will probably give my login to someone. Maybe my little cousin. He loves Steam.

You can now share your steam library with someone. The person you share it with can play any games as long as you are not playing a game, if you start a game it gives them a 5 minute warning to save their game before they are kicked off..

Reactions: Tweak155

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
You can now share your steam library with someone. The person you share it with can play any games as long as you are not playing a game, if you start a game it gives them a 5 minute warning to save their game before they are kicked off..
Did not know this, thanks!

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I'm playing this right now and I feel it's pretty decent but not as good as the first one.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Fractured But Whole is now 25 percent off at Steam. Probably other places too.

For reference I only got about 16 hours of entertainment out of the game (according to in-game timer) and I think even 44.99 is a little too much. But the thanksgiving sales are usually the best of the year. Also for new titles you might not get a sale except for thanksgiving. It may not be marked down until next summer.

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
Not really a fan of the new combat system. Got it on release. Only played for a couple of hours. Kinda got bored with it. Having much more fun playing the mobile game Phone Destroyer. Price is waaaaaay too high for this game.