South Park fans, would you wear any of the shoes from the Adidas South Park collection?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I've been out of the show game for a while, but I came across a video of the South Park shoes from Adidas. I haven't watched the show in a few seasons but I still love it. And even though all but 1 of the pairs look crazy to me, I think I still might order them just to collect them. I never thought I'd see a shoe dedicated to the great AWESOM-O! That was definitely one of my favorite episodes.

The Stan shoes look like the 1 pair I'd want to actually wear. They look pretty low key and not ridiculous like the rest. The others are insane like the show and it would be impossible to coordinate them with outfits. I mean what even goes with Kyle's Green & Orange? Shit, green & Orange don't even go together. But the colors of all them are all spot on for the characters. While I'd assume most people won't wear them and will just buy them for collecting. I'm probably wrong and somewhere somebody right now's wearing red yellow and baby blue Eric Cartmans and think the colors look awesome lol. I'm trying to imagine what I could even wear with the Cartmans. The Captain Chaos & AWESOM-O ones got me wanting to go watch those episodes. Both pairs look incredibly tacky, but they're accurate to the episodes lol. And from what I read Adidas made a ton of these so there won't be a shortage from the typical stupidness of greedy idiots hoarding rare shit and selling them for some crazy price. If these were limited run I could only imagine how much they'd be scalping them for. But as it stands, I'm seeing them for cheaper than when they came out because of how many Adidas produced.

south-park-adidas-collection

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No..... those look like shoes for little kids.

Also Adidas "wide" sizes no longer fit me properly.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Never watched it and I never pay over inflated prices for 'name brand' stuff.
Thanks for the valuable and experienced commentary! LOL

You'd rather pay half price for generic, no-name products that have to be replaced in 1/4 the time because they aren't made to the same QC and materials as the "over inflated name brands"?

Buying name-brand clothing and shoes isn't like buying cereal in a bag that's "just as good". There IS a big difference most of the time. Not to say something is high-quality just because it's expensive, but you typically aren't paying only for the brand name.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Thanks for the valuable and experienced commentary! LOL

You'd rather pay half price for generic, no-name products that have to be replaced in 1/4 the time because they aren't made to the same QC and materials as the "over inflated name brands"?

Buying name-brand clothing and shoes isn't like buying cereal in a bag that's "just as good". There IS a big difference most of the time. Not to say something is high-quality just because it's expensive, but you typically aren't paying only for the brand name.

Shoes for Walmart are TERRIBLE, Payless went out of business because their shoes all sucked. I'm not saying a person needs $100+ Nike or Adidas. But if you wear generic shoes your feet will hate you, and they'll start falling apart in no time.

If it's a money issue, I can understand people cheaping out here, but shoes and a mattress are 2 things you should not cut corners on.

• Love
Reactions: Captante and Pohemi

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Yep... I find deals on comfortable shoes nearly every time I go shopping for them but they're usually a major-brand and I won't buy garbage no matter how cheap it is.

Take good care of your feet otherwise they might just let you down in that next "don't fail me now!" moment!

:p

2d8cbc80-bdf1-413c-8f95-f7f446d083ce_text.gif

Reactions: Pohemi