South Korea needs to pay up

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Not only that he's threatening to junk the trade agreement in a bid to claw back billions in trade deficit since he figures they're dependent on us.

That's a nice country you got there South Korea...would be a shame if somethin' happened to it.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
So Trump kicks the hornet's nest by putting ships off NK waters, talking his limp dicked tough talk and shooting a firecracker into the ocean. South Korea's people are the ones who stand to take the brunt of the destruction if things boil over and now need protection. He moves in his missile defense system.

Now he demands protection money from SK for a situation he has contributed to escalating.

Trump is taking his foreign policy cues from the Cosa Nostra. Except he's not Mikey, he's more a Fredo.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I wonder if it's entered his mind that SK could tell him to fuck off and build their own nuclear deterrent pretty rapidly.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So Trump kicks the hornet's nest by putting ships off NK waters, talking his limp dicked tough talk and shooting a firecracker into the ocean. South Korea's people are the ones who stand to take the brunt of the destruction if things boil over and now need protection. He moves in his missile defense system.

Now he demands protection money from SK for a situation he has contributed to escalating.

Trump is taking his foreign policy cues from the Cosa Nostra. Except he's not Mikey, he's more a Fredo.

When you put it like that..honestly I did not connect those dots at first. How the hell can he do that? Is he aware of what he is doing, he cant be? That is straight up extortion! What the hell.
The next POTUS is gonna spend his first 4 years mending what this one has broken down..

Reactions: DarthKyrie

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
South Korean is rich so they can afford to pay to make Lockheed Martin great again. Don't like it?

Maybe find different ally then, yeah? Haha gl

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What sucks about this is that other countries will probably never look at the US in the same way again. Trump, by trying to run this pathetic protection racket, is telling countries that US guarantees are foolish to rely on as we are perfectly willing to revoke them or demand protection money at any time without warning.

The next time we think it would be helpful to station troops somewhere or have a base there the president is going to have an uphill climb convincing them that some future idiot president isn't going to try and demand money from them.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008

South Korea has had US protection since 1953. There are 29k US troops stationed there. Heck, should the war restart they are supposed to give the US control of their troops.

Do you think ignoring and appeasing North Korea will continue to work out just fine?

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
South Korea has had US protection since 1953. There are 29k US troops stationed there. Heck, should the war restart they are supposed to give the US control of their troops.

Do you think ignoring and appeasing North Korea will continue to work out just fine?

How long have there been no hostilities for?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

Fredo Corleone: I'm your older brother, Mike, and I was stepped over!
Michael Corleone: That's the way Pop wanted it.
Fredo Corleone: It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Alright, so 64 years ago. Suddenly Generalissimo Trump feels it's a grave danger due to their latest missile test and is ready to be the catalyst of the deaths of potentially millions. Definitely Trump has the best judgment and his choices are sound.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I predict the next two steps in this latest Trump fiasco: (1) large anti-American demonstrations in SK and (2) the candidate least favorable to the US wins the upcoming election for SK President. Trump is improving NK's position, not weakening it or isolating them.

Over a quarter million Americans live in Seoul and the surrounds. fskimospy was 100% on the mark in post #8 above. After Trump, the US's role in the world is going to be greatly diminished. For example, if I called the shots in a place like Saudi Arabia I would certainly have a crash program in place to develop our own nuclear weapons. The world is going to be a far more dangerous place, and the USA a greatly diminished power, after Trump-even if he doesn't plunge us into war(s).

Ironically in Korea he is acting as the world's policeman (without approval from either local allies or the UNl), a role he criticized in every campaign speech he made.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
The Russians and Chinese will take notice. This may nudge other countries into their spheres of orbit, with better defense pacts.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I predict the next two steps in this latest Trump fiasco: (1) large anti-American demonstrations in SK and (2) the candidate least favorable to the US wins the upcoming election for SK President. Trump is improving NK's position, not weakening it or isolating them.

Over a quarter million Americans live in Seoul and the surrounds. fskimospy was 100% on the mark in post #8 above. After Trump, the US's role in the world is going to be greatly diminished. For example, if I called the shots in a place like Saudi Arabia I would certainly have a crash program in place to develop our own nuclear weapons. The world is going to be a far more dangerous place, and the USA a greatly diminished power, after Trump-even if he doesn't plunge us into war(s).

Ironically in Korea he is acting as the world's policeman (without approval from either local allies or the UNl), a role he criticized in every campaign speech he made.

I'm pretty sure trumps specialty is hypocrisy. Its no wonder why the right loves him, he represents him perfectly.