Soundbar/subwoofer crosstalk

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I had a couple of cheap Amazon Basics soundbars in my living room and bedroom. It was time to replace them so I bought two Sony HT-S400 2.1 channel systems and set them up last night. These have the wireless subwoofer that connects via Bluetooth and they're both connected to their respective TVs by optical input.

My issue is that the subs seem to be crosstalking over Bluetooth to both bars. I've checked the supplied documentation and I don't see a way to unpair them from the wrong bar. Anyone have any experience with something similar or have insight on how best to fix this?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Contact amazon, they are the only ones that know of alternate setting for the bt pairing. I guess they cheaped out and didn't expect people to run two sets in same vicinity.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Contact amazon, they are the only ones that know of alternate setting for the bt pairing. I guess they cheaped out and didn't expect people to run two sets in same vicinity.
Don't you mean Sony? Amazon ain't gonna know anything about the Sony soundbars, except how to return them.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I got it sorted out. Turns out it WAS in the documentation, I just missed it the first time through.