Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS (PCI) - from 2005

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
I've got an XtremeMusic from that time. Got it when they first came out. Works fine on my system. Never got any cracking of popping through it. Works fine. Mobo is a few years old though.

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
My X-Fi XM has been on three separate motherboards (Intel 925X, ASUS P5W DH and my current) with never having the popping or crackling issue, though the newer drivers have been able to address those who did, it's worthwhile to check. It didn't play so well with nVidia chipsets, IIRC.

What I did have was more of a buzzing noise through my headphones, usually when I was using USB flash drives. Turns out it because of interference through the front panel. Moved my headphones to my speaker jack, it's been clear ever since.

Slammy1

Platinum Member
Apr 8, 2003
I'm running a PCI platinum creative from the same era with no real issues. I went through reviews and made certain it was an upgrade. Popping was an issue like around the time it was new but driver updates took care of it.

Definitely better than my onboard, and I put the motherboard in when SandyBridge got their bug fixed.