Soo I just bought myself a little Xmas present,

46andtool

Aug 16, 2013
All money goes to Gabe Newell and Steam!

Half-Life 1
$4.99

Half-Life 2: Episode Two
$3.99

Doom 3: BFG Edition
$9.99

Trine
$0.99

Borderlands 2
$10.19

Dragon Age: Origins
$9.99

Dust: An Elysian Tail
$7.49

Rise of the Triad
$5.09

Trine 2: Complete Story

Needless to say Im excited, installing as we speak!

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Trine and Trine2 are steals at current prices. Very beautiful, well-made games.

46andtool

Aug 16, 2013
I was in the mood for something different so when I was shopping on there yesterday I added those 2 to my wishlist, I cant wait to play only problem is I don't know how much fun Ill have playing a platformer with keyboard and mouse.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I remember buying HL 1 when it came out. I didn't pay full price; iirc it was down to $29.99.

I had no clue about 3d acceleration back then and I tried to play it in software mode. I remember thinking "This doesn't look like the pictures I've seen"

It was probably the biggest push for me to finally get a Voodoo 3 3000, my first card.

Last edited:

46andtool

Aug 16, 2013
I just went ahead and got system shock 2 as well, from all I've heard about this game its a sin that I haven't played it yet.

Via, I'll never forget the beginning of Half-life riding that transit station, it was epic. I used to sneak in play time on my dads Celeron 300A OCed to 450mhz, I'm pretty sure I played in software mode until he finally helped me build my own computer and I put in a Voodoo 2 I believe. Ahh the memories! One of the best FPS games every made!

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011
You're a smart man for picking up Dragon Age: Origins. We need more games like it on the current market.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Maybe one day people will stop buying DRM encased games and buy the DRM free versions for the same price. At least for 4 out of the 9 games you purchased.
Or sometimes cheaper.

Maybe.
Oh well.

46andtool

Aug 16, 2013
Maybe one day people will stop buying DRM encased games and buy the DRM free versions for the same price. At least for 4 out of the 9 games you purchased.
Or sometimes cheaper.

Maybe.
Oh well.

what are the pros of buying DRM free? i could google it but I just got off of work and im tired and hungry :D

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Don't forget to play Dust: An Elysian Tale, all of the games you purchased are great as well but I know too many people that have let it sit in their library unplayed for too long. I love all of the well done 3D games but this is an absolutely beautiful 2D game that has a really well done story along with voice acting. We need more of these 2D games as well.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
what are the pros of buying DRM free? i could google it but I just got off of work and im tired and hungry :D

Not tied to an (in this case Steam) account.
Can do whatever the hell you want with it. Never need the internet after the first download. Copy the files to as many computers as you want. Never need to log in to anything again once it's downloaded the first time.
No way for the account controller (in this case Valve) to ban your account or remove your games once you've downloaded it.

Basically you actually have a real copy of the game that you could actually say you own, crazily enough.

46andtool

Aug 16, 2013
just grabbed bastion and natural selection II as well, at this rate I will be broke by January 2nd