Sony not out of the dslr market just yet

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
For anyone that cares Sony had announced and just released the a99II, their new successor to the full frame a99. Many thought they were done with their A-mount due to little to no development and the shift of focus to their E-mount.

It's a beast of a camera but I still don't think it's going to make many Canon or Nikon shooters drop their gear and switch. And at over $3k it isn't going to attract anyone but the true enthusiasts and pros.

https://www.dpreview.com/products/sony/slrs/sony_slta99_ii

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I was looking into their full frame mirrorless system when I got back into photography just over a year ago. At the time, the body was very expensive and the lens selection seemed lacking, and also on the expensive side. The lens roadmap didn't seem promising either. Wonder if it's improved at all regardless ...

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
I was looking into their full frame mirrorless system when I got back into photography just over a year ago. At the time, the body was very expensive and the lens selection seemed lacking, and also on the expensive side. The lens roadmap didn't seem promising either. Wonder if it's improved at all regardless ...

Yes, the ff e-mount ecosystem has improved quite a bit since it came out. While it's still missing one leg of the "holy trinity" (16-35/2.8), there is the 24-70/2.8 and 70-200/2.8. But it's going to set you back atleast $10k for an a7rII and the holy trinity. Lol