Sony component/coaxials, high end models can't be THAT bad right?

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
I know that car audio from Sony is usually considered sub-par, but my sister works for Sony, which = DISCOUNTS So, basically their top component system is 300 bucks, and i MIGHT be able to get it for 150, let's say.

Either way, if i were to buy the top end Sony Components or Coaxials (retail 300), how would they compare to retail 150 dollar Infinities, Pioneers, etc?

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: erikiksaz
I know that car audio from Sony is usually considered sub-par, but my sister works for Sony, which = DISCOUNTS So, basically their top component system is 300 bucks, and i MIGHT be able to get it for 150, let's say.

Either way, if i were to buy the top end Sony Components or Coaxials (retail 300), how would they compare to retail 150 dollar Infinities, Pioneers, etc?

There is no comparison, Infinities are way beyond pioneer and Sony. I'd take the sony, and sell it and buy an infinity or alpine.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
I'd rather get Diamond, Rainbow, or Focal. Got Kefs for my car right now, haven't installed them yet :p

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Their home ES line is pretty good, don't know anything about their car stuff though.