SONY CMT-EX200 Microsystem Frys B&M $149 (it's $299 on Frys/Outpost website)

sanvara

Aug 2, 2002
Heads up. This is advertised in my Southern CA Fry's ad. This is a fantastic little Microsystem and $149 is a GREAT price. Comes with a sub. I have the EX100 system without the sub (got it at Frys for $129) and it has a VERY nice sound. Has a unique and neat toaster-loading CD mechanism and you can watch the CD spin while it plays for hours of hypnotic fun.

Here's the Fry's / Outpost website link selling it for $299

Sony Microsystem for $299

Here's a review of the EX100 which is the EX200 minus the sub:

EX100 review

Oct 29, 1999
Hey sanvara,

Could you post a copy of the ad and when it expires? I gave the Fry's in Manhattan Beach a call and they are apparently selling it for $299. I would like to at least try and PM with someone else if the deal has indeed expired. For $150 this is a pretty damn hot deal.

Thanks a lot.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
Me and my friends were looking at that Sony Micro system very very nice looking but the sound quality isn't that good, but I guess for 149. If only I had a need for a System like that

sanvara

Aug 2, 2002
Originally posted by: KAMAZON
not a hot deal IMO, ebay has it for $150 new.

KAMAZON: wake up! That sale on Ebay for $150 was ONE seller and you didn't look very hard----> THE RESERVE WAS NOT MET (and if you look at the actual item you will see the price was $160, not $150 because the price hasn't been updated in the scroll list yet) and at $160 the reserve was still not met.

At $149 this is an EXCELLENT price.

Also note that the ones that sold on Ebay in the $162-$167 range had a $28-$30 shipping charge added on making the real price $190+

Most of these sell in the $180-$190 range on Ebay plus an additional shipping cost and some people have been bidding it over $200.

Sorry I don't have the ad or expiration date on this. The Fry's in San Diego advertised this at $149 at the time I posted. I don't know the status of the price now.

Finally, the sound quality on this system is very good as far as microsystems go and you will definately not find better sound quality in this $150 price range. Read the EX100 CNET review I posted. It praises the sound quality and this system is better with the added subwoofer. As I said I have the EX100 and I am pretty picky as far as sound and I am completely happy with the sound for the price I paid. I have not heard anything in this price range sound better.

Checkout prices - average price for this system at online stores with shipping is $350+

Pricegrabber ex-200 price

Shopper.com EX-200 price

My Simon EX-200 Price