Sony buys Bungie

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
This has been coming for a long time. I'll start freaking out when I see them mess with games that I actually play, but until then, having a new parent company won't be the end of the world. You know, unless EA buys you out, then you're screwed.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Yeah, it may be blasé of me but looking at the list of games published by Activision/Blizzard and Bungie my initial reaction is "let me know when one of the companies being acquired actually produces a game worth caring about."

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
I think they overpaid, though I am not sure what the financials are like on Destiny. Guessing this is more about getting Live Service experience as this is something Sony lacks.

The amount of idiots on twitter and reddit that think this means Halo is Playstation exclusive now is amusing.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Oddly enough I felt the Bethesda acquisition much more than ACTIZZARD and Bungie.

One of the beautiful things about the gaming industry (now) is that it is never too difficult for a handful of devs to split off from the parent company and basically take all their good ideas to a smaller self published or indie dev house.

Most of these huge companies are really shells of their former selves, with all the names that made them great having moved on long ago. Sony/MS are buying the names/IPs/Franchises... the fun games will always be there in some capacity.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I dont like this new cold war. Just as Sony exclusives are now releasing onto PC they might start backtracking, they wont like what Microsoft is doing and decide to wall themselves off for good.

This has been coming for a long time. I'll start freaking out when I see them mess with games that I actually play, but until then, having a new parent company won't be the end of the world. You know, unless EA buys you out, then you're screwed.

We should be worried if Steam ever gets bought out, now that's when we can start panicking. As long as Gabe is there it will be a private company, no telling what will happen once he is gone.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
We should be worried if Steam ever gets bought out, now that's when we can start panicking. As long as Gabe is there it will be a private company, no telling what will happen once he is gone.

-I'm sure he has a secret cloning facility somewhere.

One day "Somehow, GabeN has returned..."

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
GTA6 confirmed:

I can just see Sony buying Rockstar and locking it to their console.

Just as Sony exclusives are now releasing onto PC they might start backtracking, they wont like what Microsoft is doing and decide to wall themselves off for good.
This is an excellent point, it'd be cool to see the original Uncharted trilogy or more recent Silent Hill games on the PC.

Reactions: Elfear