Sony AIBO (Robot Dog) *Your Thoughts And Comments*

integlspwr

Banned
Nov 28, 1999
I was watching the new Janet Jackson Video and they had that robot dog called Aibo. I think its the cutest thing in the world. And it doens't poop and urinate all over, and doesn't grow ugly. Only thing it will make a dent in your wallet. Only 2000.00+ for a Robot Dog. I really want one, but the price shys me away.

Any thoughts and comments are appriciated.

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
A virtual pet in a physical body. What a concept!

But something about a virtual pet seems off. There is no sense of feeling or kinship or even warmth. If I had a pet like that, I would rather have a real pet with an embodied spirit of true feelings, happiness, sadness, love, and hate.

Such things cannot be programmed. Maybe someday but that is also when robots would rule the world.

DarK SagE

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yah and those things were released in limited amounts so, they cost even more now.

If you wanna check it out further it's on the new Real World. The people play with it often.

integlspwr

Banned
Nov 28, 1999
Yea, i was also watching the Real World, and they had a Sony AIBO. I think its the best toy you can have. :)
But then again for 2000.00, my computer can be bad a$$.

damien6

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
For that much $$$, I'll wait until they get the technology perfected and they come out w/a Pamela Anderson model version.

Praetor

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
My thoughts? I want one!!!! :p

But imaginer is right, it doesn't have emotions or feelings. It can't replace a real, live dog. And I would never want to give up my flesh and blood dog.

But it'd still be a cool toy. And think of all the chicks I could get.... <drool> :D