Question Sonic motherboard review?

blindeagle141

Oct 24, 2022
Hi guys Just trying to decide on what motherboard to get, I live in Sweden and just seen this super cool board : https://www.inet.se/produkt/1903943/asrock-z790-pg-sonic

My build : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WV6mKp

So my board options that I've narrowed it down to - Prices are in Swedish

ASRock Z790 PG Sonic - 3990 (Not sure how good it is but if its good i honestly want to get it :)
Asus PRIME Z790-A - 4460
MSI MPG Z790 Edge WIFI - 4850

I ordered the sonic board for now as there was only 1 left in stock and it will fit the white /blue theme i want to go with but no idea if Asrock are good/ there mobos are any good etc , always used Asus and never had a problem. But i do love the sonic theme.
Would just like to know if the board was a good choice, will not be doing any overclocking on the 13700k - Leaving it at stock / maybe undervolt it a little
Thanks

blindeagle141

Oct 24, 2022

utahraptor

Golden Member
Apr 26, 2004
I think one question a lot of people had is whether or not the animated ring on the board is a lenticular sticker or an actual live image of some kind.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
That's an interesting board, I think it actually looks nice. And has some good specs. 5 NVMEs with 1 being gen 5? That's more than the Asus "creator" board I'm looking at that costs $200 extra. And that board doesn't have any gen 5 M.2. This would be a great board for a super custom build.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

blindeagle141

Oct 24, 2022
That's an interesting board, I think it actually looks nice. And has some good specs. 5 NVMEs with 1 being gen 5? That's more than the Asus "creator" board I'm looking at that costs $200 extra. And that board doesn't have any gen 5 M.2. This would be a great board for a super custom build.

I've actually just started the build and all i can say its really clean, i Will have more info next week when i can get my new AMD card set up.But it looks really clean and nice, and works perfectly in a white/blue build

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
I may be partial to ASRock mobos because they've done fairly well in my PCs, currently with a Titan RTX video card. Btw that's a stand out looking panda avatar, you could probably post just about anything and almost no one would complain because they'd be too distracted by the avatar's wild expression.

blindeagle141

Oct 24, 2022
I may be partial to ASRock mobos because they've done fairly well in my PCs, currently with a Titan RTX video card. Btw that's a stand out looking panda avatar, you could probably post just about anything and almost no one would complain because they'd be too distracted by the avatar's wild expression.

Hahaha Cant mess with the panda of dreams :)

Actually my first build using Asrock but i just did a test boot and nice to see sonic on the bios is well :) But again , once i get my 7900 xtx should be
fun messing about with the settings
318507916_517866393623340_11614866833235247_n.jpg

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

ASRock is down the list for me. (I know, ALL mobo manufacturers make different quality of boards...USUALLY divided by price.) My ONLY personal experience with ASRock is my currently dying Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 (OEM version) It's been problematic right from the start...yet, there are a couple of combos on Newegg with the ASRock Extreme board that aren't terrible.

Both are in my "wish list" for consideration.

As for the Sonic board...doesn't appeal to me...but different strokes for different folks.