Song of Susannah has shipped!   Now with PICS

psiu

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Cooooollllllllllll...................

June 8th for the rest of us I think.....I'm rereading the entire series in anticipation....and STILL noticing new things.....

The funny thing is, normally I would hate the idea of trying to turn this into a movie (since basically everything has sucked....Shawshank Redemption being an exception), but after watching my new DVD today....somebody should give Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings director) these books. He might be the only person I would want butchering this series....

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: psiu

June 8th for the rest of us I think.....I'm rereading the entire series in anticipation....and STILL noticing new things.....

The funny thing is, normally I would hate the idea of trying to turn this into a movie (since basically everything has sucked....Shawshank Redemption being an exception), but after watching my new DVD today....somebody should give Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings director) these books. He might be the only person I would want butchering this series....

Sweet Jesus but that would be a lot of film. There's just no way. It would be cool but there's no way.

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

I thought the Green mile was a good movie Misery,Stand by me,Carrie,Christine and the Original Shining were all decent films. :)

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Awesome, can't wait to get my copy. I hope he doesn't fvck it up with

***WOLVES OF THE CALLA SPOILER***

writing himself into the story

psiu

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Almost put the Green Mile....but that mother is LONG. The older movies are definitely a cut above the newer ones...

Were Apt Pupil and Dreamcatcher any good as movies?

Maybe a miniseries....a LONG miniseries. On HBO or something.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Haven't read Wolves of the Calla yet. Just can't get past the 1st page. Wizards and Glass was just such a good book and I know the 5th is a departure from that whole story about Roland's earlier life. I need to find time to get into a mood to read it one fell swoop :)

spidey

Jul 17, 2002
Almost put the Green Mile....but that mother is LONG. The older movies are definitely a cut above the newer ones...

Were Apt Pupil and Dreamcatcher any good as movies?

Maybe a miniseries....a LONG miniseries. On HBO or something.
Apt Pupil, not bad... Dreamcatcher was probably one of the worst movies I've seen in a while.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
It'd be great if they got Peter Jackson to do up the series properly. 1 movie per book.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
How many of you guys have read the related books? I have only read Salem's lot but I have seen the Stand and Hearts in Atlantis. I didn't even know Hearts in Atlantis was a King book until I saw the link between the two in Wolves.

Insomnia
Hearts In Atlantis
Everything's Eventual : 14 Dark Tales
Salem's Lot
The Eyes of the Dragon
and of course the Stand

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
I've thought about these books as movies as well, but as someone else has said, there'd just be no way to do it properly I don't think. There's just too much.

I'm half way through Wolves of the Calla and it's fantastic thus far.

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
Originally posted by: azazyel
How many of you guys have read the related books? I have only read Salem's lot but I have seen the Stand and Hearts in Atlantis. I didn't even know Hearts in Atlantis was a King book until I saw the link between the two in Wolves.

Insomnia
Hearts In Atlantis
Everything's Eventual : 14 Dark Tales
Salem's Lot
The Eyes of the Dragon
and of course the Stand
I've only read The Eyes of the Dragon. Another very good book!

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
arent they redoing salem's lot as a mini-series..anyone know when that will be on tv?

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
arent they redoing salem's lot as a mini-series..anyone know when that will be on tv?

I think it's on TNT next month.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Woo hoo!! It came today!

DOH!! It's at the apt. complex office and they were closed when I got home. :(

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Awesome! I can't wait.

Although I must say that I was a bit disappointed in the direction the story took at the end of Wolves. I hope #6 is an improvement.

This series would be perfect for an anime series.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Anime?? ACK!

Live action, baby! Something along the lines of what Dune should have really been.

All along I keep picturing Scott Glen as Roland. ;)

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
I'm not even a big fan of anime movies. Gunslinger just seems like the perfect mix of sci-fi, fantasy, sex and violence for an anime movie. Of course, Gunslinger had a completely different feel from its sequels.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Yeah...I haven't read the new version of Gunslinger yet. Apparently, King removed some portions that just didn't flow well. Although, I enjoyed it quite a bit.