Song help

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I'm over at my cousin's house. He's going to DJ my mom's wedding. They want to play a certain song for when he pulls off her garter, but none of us can think of the name. They said it's from Ferris Buellar's(SP?) Day Off and I also know it was in The Secret of My Success. It's starts off.... Oh yeah....bom bom chic....chica chica....lol

Do any of you know the name? My cousin says he has it but unless he knows the name, it will be next to impossible to find. He's got tons of music.

Your help is appreciated. :)

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I know the song, but not the title or artist.

Sorry, Grinch-meister. ;)

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999

<< I know the song, but not the title or artist.

Sorry, Grinch-meister. ;)
>>

I know the song too, my dear. lol We just need to know the name or artist or something! lol

BTW: Bite me! ;)

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
here ya are:

Track:
3 (the 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California)

Song:
Oh Yeah

Album:
"Stella" and "One Second" and elsewhere

Artist:
Yello

Writer:
Boris Blank & Dieter Meier

Publisher:
Elektra/Asylum Records by arrangement with Warner Special Products and Phonogram GmbH

ChinamanatNCSU

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2001
is that the one with the really deep voice saying, ooooooooooh yeaaah...beautiful....etc etc?

great song, happen to be listening to it now on my playlist :D- oh yeah and pyonir is right.

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999

<< here ya are:

Track:
3 (the 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California)

Song:
Oh Yeah

Album:
"Stella" and "One Second" and elsewhere

Artist:
Yello

Writer:
Boris Blank & Dieter Meier

Publisher:
Elektra/Asylum Records by arrangement with Warner Special Products and Phonogram GmbH
>>

You rock! Thank you. *Does the happy dance* I'll give the info to my cousin when he gets back from the store. :D

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
you're welcome. and be careful with that happy dance. i don't want you hurting your knees. ;)

Semper Fi

Golden Member
Dec 2, 1999
Yeah I know the song, i think it's on the Ferris Bueller soundtrack. :D

;)

Hope your mom has a great wedding.

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999

<< you're welcome. and be careful with that happy dance. i don't want you hurting your knees. ;) >>

Heehee Thanks. ;)

Oh, I have another question from y'all. I'm singing probably at the reception. The song I went and bought was Shania Twain's You're Still the One. I don't generally listen to or like Country music, but I like this song. The only thing is....because I don't really listen to or sing Country....I don't sound my best on it. Do you know if Morpheus has any accompanyment music on there? (Kind of like karaoke music.) That way if I need to, I can try another song.

Thanks!

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
you're gonna sing?

they might want to hand out earplugs with the rice :D

havent seen any variations, but you might wanna try audiogalaxy later. i'm not hearing good things about morpheus anymore

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
It took that many people to figure out "oh yeah" by Yello???

Not enough children of the 80's in here I guess.

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Well, that song was a big hit and I remember it. But......I didn't know who it was by. I pretty much figured it was titled Oh Yeah though. So.....that's going to be the garter-removing song. ;) heehee

<----------- Can't wait to shake her thang at the reception! :D

EDIT: Out of curiosity....What year were you born, amnesiac 2.0?

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000

<< It took that many people to figure out "oh yeah" by Yello???

Not enough children of the 80's in here I guess.
>>

Funny you should say that, I've been d/l a ton of 80's music tonight. But I'm by all no means 80's generation person I think, but gotta like the music.

I'll have to get 'oh yeah' by yello, just to hear it.

EDIT: Got it.....

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I was born in 1979 so I grew up listening to all that crap on the radio whenever my mom listened to music...
I remember that more than the junk on the radio in the early 90's.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

<< I was born in 1979 so I grew up listening to all that crap on the radio whenever my mom listened to music...
I remember that more than the junk on the radio in the early 90's.
>>

Heh.. or the absolute vomit that's on the radio now (thanks, Clear Channel!)

Also by Yello:

The Race
I Love You

Both pretty good songs.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

<< Heh.. or the absolute vomit that's on the radio now (thanks, Clear Channel!) >>

Ugh, don't get me started. Nowadays it's classic rock radio (which, thankfully, can't be ruined) or my CDs.