Son of Arizona Senate President Offered Plea Deal in Sexual Assault Case

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Two young men charged with sodomizing 18 boys at a youth camp last year have been offered a plea agreement that may net them little jail time and no record of sexual assault.

Clifton Bennett, 18, the son of Arizona Senate President Ken Bennett, and his co-defendant, Kyle Wheeler, 19, were charged in January with 18 counts of aggravated assault and 18 counts of kidnapping for the incidents, which happened at a youth camp last June.

The younger Bennett confessed to police that he and Wheeler sodomized the 11- to 14-year-old boys with broomsticks and flashlights in at least 40 incidents, court documents show.
azdailysun.com

Someone really needs to investigate this District Attorney. These guys are adults and they're charged with sodomizing 18 boys whose ages range from 11 to 14. To offer this plea deal for that crime means there's either a problem with the evidence or the DA is neck deep in sleaze, and I don't see any serious problems with the evidence.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
They were obviously misguided boys who were just letting off a little steam. And this is obviously the fault of the "liberal media" for reporting on the anal raping of prisoners at Abu Ghraib with broomsticks and glowsticks. These boys wouldn't have gotten the idea to do the same otherwise.

:sarcasm;

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
how do you end up with NO RECORD OF SEXUAL ASSAULT after doing that?

Little jail time?

Soft we have become.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
"The plea agreement describes the assault charge as "a non-dangerous, non-repetitive offense."

WTF???

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: NeoV
how do you end up with NO RECORD OF SEXUAL ASSAULT after doing that?

Little jail time?

Soft we have become.

They should charge the electic chair.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
In other news, after realizing that crime does pay, the number of Sexual Assualts on children has increased several thousand percent in Arizona.

/future headline :(

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: FelixDeKat
In other news, after realizing that crime does pay, the number of Sexual Assualts on children has increased several thousand percent in Arizona.

No kidding. What kind of message is this sending to the victims of sexual abuse out there?

slash196

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2004
That's sexual assault, but does Arizona still have sodomy laws? Lets put these guys in jail, but lets do it for the right reasons.

TGS

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: FelixDeKat

No kidding. What kind of message is this sending to the victims of sexual abuse out there?

Clifton Bennett, 18, the son of Arizona Senate President Ken Bennett, and his co-defendant, Kyle Wheeler, 19, were charged in January with 18 counts of aggravated assault and 18 counts of kidnapping for the incidents, which happened at a youth camp last June.

adding this gem...

Prosecutor James Landis told a judge at last week's hearing that the "broomsticking" was a hazing ritual and a punishment, not sexual assault.

WTF over...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Like I said. $20 they listened to Rush spouting off that Abu Ghraib was just like some hazing and college kids letting off steam and decided to do it themselves.

Fvcking criminal little hoodlums. Need to be in pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur
Like I said. $20 they listened to Rush spouting off that Abu Ghraib was just like some hazing and college kids letting off steam and decided to do it themselves.

Fvcking criminal little hoodlums. Need to be in pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

They should at least use that as their defense .... That would show his supporters ...

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
Wow, this is ridiculous. If I was the parents of those kids I would be absolutely outraged. What on earth is the DA thinking? First of all, considering the case I think it would be a slam dunk convinction if it went to trial. What jury is going to find sympathy for people who "broomstick" children? That given, why would the DA even extend the offer of such a weak plea when it seems pretty evident that they would face a much harsher sentence if it went to court. I might be able to understand a plea deal if it was considerably harsher so the children could attempt to move on.

But wow...getting away with a slap on the wrist for a despicable crime? Unbelievable.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
good thing they didn't have any weed on them at the time or they would have been fckd

moomoo40moo

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2003
Originally posted by: azazyel
good thing they didn't have any weed on them at the time or they would have been fckd

Probably would have got that dropped too because then they would have been educating the kids on the dangers of weed, and how to stay safe, obviously....