Son of a ^%@%!! Just had the @#*& shocked out of me!

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Last night my digital cable box literally flamed out while I was watching the news. I call the service center and they arrange an "appointment" for between 9am-Noon today. Yeah, that's really an appointment. Well anyway the tech just called and asked me a few questions and said he thinks my box is bad. Gee ya think? What was your first clue, the fact I told you it actually caught on fire? So anyway he asked me to go ahead and disconnect the box so he could swap me out for a new one. I was unplugging the connections from the back of my TV and got a serious jolt of electricity and about 1/2 my left hand is still numb from it. On the plus side I can now see into the future.........

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Last night my digital cable box literally flamed out while I was watching the news. I call the service center and they arrange an "appointment" for between 9am-Noon today. Yeah, that's really an appointment. Well anyway the tech just called and asked me a few questions and said he thinks my box is bad. Gee ya think? What was your first clue, the fact I told you it actually caught on fire? So anyway he asked me to go ahead and disconnect the box so he could swap me out for a new one. I was unplugging the connections from the back of my TV and got a serious jolt of electricity and about 1/2 my left hand is still numb from it. On the plus side I can now see into the future.........
Does that future hold many more daily rants?:D

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Does that future hold many more daily rants?:D

I'm sure it will....between this and my morning yesterday I'm not having a good start to the week.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Face it, the electronic gods have decided to make you thier court jester. I'd recommend moving to a place without electricity. Like California or Papua New Guinea.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Face it, the electronic gods have decided to make you thier court jester. I'd recommend moving to a place without electricity. Like California or Papua New Guinea.

California? Ewwwww!!!!!!!!!

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: yamahaXS
Think of it as electroshock therapy. Have the voices diminished?
Voices? What voices?

I'm Bad Ash, and you're Good Ash. You're goodie little two-shoes. You're goodie little two-shoes, goodie little two-shoes!

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.........

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
The good news is that with that numb hand you'll likely be discouraged from touching your johnson so much.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: TourGuide
The good news is that with that numb hand you'll likely be discouraged from touching your johnson so much.
Nah......I use my right hand for that.

:D

Ladies Man

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
yup i've been shocked on numerious occasions messing with cable wire....
i have no clue why... but there is a little bit of juice running through em.... my fingers just tingle till i stop touching it :)