Question something werid going on with my hard drive

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
I have a 10tb hard drive here is the amazon link for some reason its seen as a drive with 1 partition with 1 usb of full 10tb but I just tried to use the drive in a different usb device and it shows as 2 partitions and no data. i just tried connecting to my sata cable and it showing 2 partitions as well. I need to get the drive to be able to use it anywhere as a 1 partition using the entire drive storage space that can be seen in my usb drives as well as using the sata connection so thats why I am posting this thread. I am copying 8tb of files to my nas so I can recover the data after I fix the drive to be seen as the 1 partition 9tb drive in all my devices. BTW I bought 6 hard drives and 5 are in my new nas I kept 1 drive to be used in my pc as a data drive. I am waiting another 5 hours to get all my data copied to the nas so I fix the drive to see 1 full partition.

Seagate BarraCuda Pro SATA HDD 10TB 7200RPM 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive for PC Desktop Computers System All in One Home Servers DAS (ST10000DM0004) (Renewed)

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
that must be it but I never thought my skylark motherboard wouldnt support 10tb drives I see the 1 device that works is the USB drive oh let look for sata ide card.