Something that's always bugged me.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Tapout is a clothing manufacturer that is oriented towards the "MMA community". People wear shirts with thier logo, and put stickers on the rear windows of thier cars and trucks.

...here's what makes me wonder though...

...tapping out is giving up or losing a match. Does that mean all those people are walking/driving around with "Loser" on their back/car?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Tapout is a clothing manufacturer that is oriented towards the "MMA community". People wear shirts with thier logo, and put stickers on the rear windows of thier cars and trucks.

...here's what makes me wonder though...

...tapping out is giving up or losing a match. Does that mean all those people are walking/driving around with "Loser" on their back/car?

MMA? Male Male Animal? :confused:

KT

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
theyre just a clothing company, they sponsor fighters, they could be called fart for all anyone cares.

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
OMG this show is complete and utterhorse shit. I saw this the other day, this quote sums up my feelings on it nicely...
"that show is so fucking lame. The show cheapens the sport of MMA. They are all a fucking joke, and make mma look like a fucking pro wrestling circus event. Its bullshit."

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mixed Martial Arts. Btw for anyone who thinks Jiu Juitsu is BS, how about this.
My uncle who is ~280, 6' construction worker easily did a cop hold (grab wrist, turn around behind your back) on me, 145lb. His grip is extremely strong and I couldn't get out of it (even tho i'm not weak at all). So after he let me go, my twin brother, (140lb 1 year training in Brazilian JJ and 2 yrs wrestling) jumped on his back and did a rear naked choke. My brute uncle couldn't do anything and he was 2 seconds away from passing out when my bro let him go :D

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: michaels
OMG this show is complete and utterhorse shit. I saw this the other day, this quote sums up my feelings on it nicely...
"that show is so fucking lame. The show cheapens the sport of MMA. They are all a fucking joke, and make mma look like a fucking pro wrestling circus event. Its bullshit."

i don't believe you. you are bashing a show that you've actually seen? nah, can't be true. shens!!

tfcmasta97

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2004
Originally posted by: lyssword
My uncle who is ~280, 6' construction worker easily did a cop hold (grab wrist, turn around behind your back) on me, 145lb. His grip is extremely strong and I couldn't get out of it (even tho i'm not weak at all). So after he let me go, my twin brother, (140lb 1 year training in Brazilian JJ and 2 yrs wrestling) jumped on his back and did a rear naked choke. My brute uncle couldn't do anything and he was 2 seconds away from passing out when my bro let him go :D

I can jump on someone from behind and wrap my arm around their neck too....

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
Originally posted by: tfcmasta97
Originally posted by: lyssword

I can jump on someone from behind and wrap my arm around their neck too....

well if you wrap your arm (not arms) then you would be unsuccessful. It's impossible to choke out anyone with 1 arm (all the defendant has to do is grab that arm with free hand), unless you are 3 times stronger and the other person doesn't resist.

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
Layoff the Karate flicks. My brother is like this, just because he has Enter the dragon on DVD he thinks he can kick anyone
s ass.

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
Originally posted by: michaels
Layoff the Karate flicks. My brother is like this, just because he has Enter the dragon on DVD he thinks he can kick anyone
s ass.

I'm assuming you are talking to me. I am only telling you what my bro taught me. BJJ is a solid technique. Also, unlike your brother who has watched Enter the Dragon DVD (which shows technique totally different from what Bruce Lee really taught, because Bruce Lee was a good movie maker and knew how to entertain people), my brother has fought in 5 local MMA fights (3 wins 2 losses) http://www.nwgrappling.com/mes...Name=Bogdan%20Bozhinov
http://www.combatrec.com/displ...e.php?fighter_id=33043