so something is muting my pc
idk what it is but it annoys
is it a virus or some kind of malware?
i reinstalled my sound drivers but it still mutes
any help would be appreciated.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Agreed. What OS? When did it start? Any changes to your cimputer? Any new speakers or (head)phones connected to the PC?

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
ive windows 10
and there is no new changes that ive done
and it started 2 days from now
When does it happen? Whenever you boot up? Wake from sleep? Start any particular program(s)? Or just randomly? (And before you say "randomly", give it some real thought, try rebooting and/or putting it to sleep and waking it up a few times, while paying close attention to what's happening, when...)

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I ran into this one recently, and it was definitely malware. Sound would start out fine on their laptop, then immediately lower until muted within a second or so. Uninstall the audio again, then run Malwarebytes suite including adwcleaner, HijackThis, CCleaner, antivirus, and reinstall audio.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Hmm. Interesting that this would be malware.

I had a problem on both my N2830 laptop, and my G4600 (KBL) DeskMini, with "no audio" after installing the Win10 Creator's update. Not immediately after installing it, but just some time of staying on, with the screen asleep. Both are using Intel graphics. The DeskMini is connected to a 4K UHD TV via a DisplayPort to HDMI2.0 Club3D active adapter, and the laptop has realtek audio.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Everytime I update my video card drivers in Win10 my audio gets defaulted to the Video Card. Make sure the correct Audio device is set as default.

Reactions: bigboxes