Something for the whining, liberal, atheist in here...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Zucchini

Who is cramming things down your throat by praying in public? People can swear in public, and many people find that offensive. Where are the PC polics then?

Dameon

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
All I's gonnna sayyyyyyyyyyyy:

Freedom OF religion... not freedom FROM religion.

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Satanism is a bad comparison. How would you like a group of Scientologists Praying to John Travolta and Ron Hubbard at a Football game?

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
<< So, what you are saying is that Christians(the majority) should have to hide thier beliefs and cower in silence while you aethiest, libs, whatever(the minority) have run of the place?
Fat chance... >>

Do you know that you sound like the stereotyped, bigoted right-winger? It's a shame that dickheads like you have to ruin the republican image. No, I'm not a Republican, but I know several people who are and who are very good people...You are the type who give the Right wing a bad name.

I suppose you are opposed to the desegregation of schools and public places as well, huh? Are you also opposed to the voting rights of women and minorities? Hell, you probably own slaves too. :|

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Yes, MY freedom FROM YOUR RELIGION! Some of you guys give Christians, like myself, a bad name!

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's right konichiwa, label others as bigots and racists. That's the way to make yourself look good.

JenniZ

Nov 14, 2000
KDORK: Please refrain from saying that atheists are liberals. Not all atheists are liberals.. Thats like saying all christians are conservatives, however I KNOW MANY liberal christians.

Take your stereotypes and shove em.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Pennstate

Please show me a statute or other legally recognized document where you have the right of protection from anything you don't like to hear?

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999
When Christians have power and are in the majority in any area of life, you can expect us to use that power to promote our agenda. You can also expect us to do so with kindness and Honor, toward all assembled.

Typically, we have not actively promoted our Knowledge and Truth.

That is about to change...it is Written..&quot;the Earth is mine and everything in it&quot;.

:)

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Bober

Come on...the guy was saying that the minority group should be ignored while the majority will always get its way. The greatest revolutions in American (and world) history have been when the minority fights to get its say. Wonder if he knows that America's founders were the minority?

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
Your comparing religion to foul language? Eh... religion if pushed on others can be offensive. Religion in itself is not offensive. Think a little harder b4 you post your analogies:p

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Palco

You know damn well that when Christians are in power and have no opposition that they do nothing with kindness, except to those of like mind.

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999

<< I think Mr Palco was one of those druggies/alcoholics that were &quot;saved&quot; by christianity. >>

What is &quot;saved&quot;?

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Pennstate

Please show me a statute or other legally recognized document where you have the right of protection from anything you don't like to hear?

Not anything, just your prayers on a PA system

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
KDOG;

<...So, what you are saying is that Christians(the majority) should have to hide thier beliefs and cower in silence while you aethiest, libs, whatever(the minority) have run of the place?...>

The Constitution exists to make the minoity equal in importance to the majority.

If you're silent, so we will be silent, too. If you're vocal, so will we be vocal, too. Equivalency.

<...Fat chance...>

My thought, precisely.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Zucchini

Many in here were horrified by the prospect that they might hear a Christian pray in public. How is that any different than somebody cursing? Both can be considered offensive, what difference does it make that one is speaking to their god and the other is just shouting obscenities.

Just because you don't understand my analogy doesn't mean it isn't accurate. Think a little harder yourself and maybe you'll see more of the picture. You have a bad case of tunnel vision.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Did I miss something? When did a PA system enter this discussion? I don't think that article mentions anywhere that the prayer was said over a PA. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But my opinions still stand. :)

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999

<< Wonder if he knows that America's founders were the minority? >>

&quot;Were&quot; is the operative word, here.

The Spirit of the Founding Fathers, is making a return, like rolling Thunder it will sweep this Land again.

Peace will be the outcome.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Religion is a private thing. >>

That's your opinion. Are you going to disallow others from having their opinion of religion?