Someone with Crysis care to comment?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Originally posted by: apoppin
Bateluer .. d/l the free Crysis Demo .. about 1GB i think, tell your Bro *your* experience with it and you r much faster system

What kind of PS does he have? he is gonna need 550w and 30a on the 12v rail for a 2900xt ;)

I think I will DL it and take a look.

He didn't know any details about his PSU, didn't even know if it had the 6pin PCIe power connectors, which he'd need at least two of for the 2900XT.

actually he can get by with molex to 6-pin adapters .. and it is quite true that stability and amperage is more important than a *generic* 550w PS
-i just gave you what is written on my box

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Piuc2020
It's not possible the way things were stated but if not for the 45fps thing, I think it could be a reasonable statement, if running under XP that X1800 could have achieved around 20FPS average at those settings, thanks to the proper amount of blur, 20FPS in Crysis is playable and relatively smooth to some people, the game feels like it's slowed down but it feels smooth.

That's what happens when people try to judge things on "smoothness". It might even look somewhat smooth. But the lag will still be there, and he will probably call the game difficult or "sluggish" not realizing that it is actually his horrific frame rate that is causing every issue. Bah.

I'm tired of people who think they are fine playing a game at 20FPS yet not realizing that the majority of their complaints with the same game are caused by the conditions which they've written off as fine or playable.

But then again, have to agree with apoppin, you can't force an upgrade on someone, sell the card and benefit yourself.