Someone tell me it's EA's Fault - Download Manager

GaGa71

Dec 10, 2007
Hi, I brought Command and Conquer 3 online a week ago but keep getting a unpack failed at 12%. I have tried on 3 different computers now and downloaded it at least 10 times. I have no problem downloading and unpacking the language files. I have 180gb free on my main PC and at least 20gb on the other 2, have also tried downloading it to portible hard drives. The file I am downloading is only 1.1gb instead of the proper size of 5.1gb

As soon as I purchased and tried to download I new something was wrong Wrong Size

This one I used a packet sniffer and got the download URL Direct Download

This one shows a language file direct download to show it isn't some weird 1.1gb cap Language Pack

EA customer support keeps shifting the blame to me with candid answers like fire wall, ports, uninstall etc.... one week latter and 15 support responses and still a 1.1gb file...what do you think?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
that same thing happened to me with MoH: Airborne. I ended up downloading the entire thing again and it worked.

if you've tried redownloading again, then I'm really not sure what to tell you.
is it just through EA that causes the issue or does other downloads not work also?

edit: I'm assuming you're using the EA Link downloader, right?
how much free space do yuo have on your C: drive?

GaGa71

Dec 10, 2007
Oh no the download works file, the problem is that the file is only 1.1gb instead of 5.1gb! So it just fails to unpack at 12%, the unpacked files are core.rar(?) and language.rar(?) but language.rar itself is incomplete and manually extracting it fails.

Opps, yeah as I said I have 180gb and have tried it on 3 different computers.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: GaGa71
Oh no the download works file, the problem is that the file is only 1.1gb instead of 5.1gb! So it just fails to unpack at 12%, the unpacked files are core.rar(?) and language.rar(?) but language.rar itself is incomplete and manually extracting it fails.

Opps, yeah as I said I have 180gb and have tried it on 3 different computers.

oh, i must have misunderstood that part about it being smaller than it should be. sorry, no ideas for that one.

GaGa71

Dec 10, 2007
This is unbelievable after a week in contact with tech support they have closed all my tickets.

"Closing. Issue already escalated to top tier tech support to assist further"