Someone recommend a center channel speaker in the <$300 range.

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
For home stereo. I have a low-end infinity and it fornicates with goat balls. Thanks.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
What type of speakers are your left and right channel? It's a good idea to match them for movies. Music you'd probably do in two channel so it wouldn't really matter.

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
I just want the best possible without regard to my present setup since I will be upgrading everything in the next year. Currently I have Infinity floor standing speakers...RS-5 I think?

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
You have to take into account any future setup then. Center speakers need to be matched in timbre and tone to the speakers around them or you're not going to get a wall of sound effect from your front 3 speakers, you're going to get a stereo pair and some different sounding speaker in the center.

So, if you want to do this piece by piece over time I'd look into what mains you'd like in the future and go with the center channel that matches them.

If you're looking for a whole new system I'd recommend Axiom Audio; going by your price for the center they're in your range.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
how did i ever miss that there was a member named "snatchface"

(im in love)

V00DOO

Diamond Member
Dec 2, 2000
Originally quoted by Danj
You have to take into account any future setup then. Center speakers need to be matched in timbre and tone to the speakers around them or you're not going to get a wall of sound effect from your front 3 speakers, you're going to get a stereo pair and some different sounding speaker in the center.

As DanJ has stated, you really want make the front 3 (Front left, Front right, and Center) to matched in timbre and tone. Decide on what kind of speaker you want for future upgrade and get center first. Here is a like to Speaker setup

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Thanks for the tips y'all. Maybe I'll just wait then. The Axioms look good.

And easy there patboy...Snatchface ain't no M.J., he don't do the "boy" thing.

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Is it worth 150.00 more for the axiom vp-150 instead of the vp-100?

I recently bought the M50ti's and am pairing them up with a HSU stf-2 sub...