Someone help me with a car trade please....

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'll try to make it short. I have a 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2 door automatic with 100,000 miles, trading for a 94 Explorer Sport 2 door 4x4, 70,000 miles. Using the Kelley Blue Book and NADA values with the standard vehicle options as a reference, what is the best trade difference you think I can haggle for? Assume both vehicles are in good shape. I'm afraid I'm not getting the best deal I can, and would like advice as to what the magic number is, and how I can get there. I will also be adding $1500 cash down. Thanks! :)

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Time is a big factor. I travel very frequently with my new job, so I pretty much have to take the hit of trading it in. :(

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I agree with Nutdotnet,

The only way you will get fair value for your car is to sell it yourself. Absorb the cost of getting it safetied, and add it to the purchase price of your car. Dealers will NEVER give you a "deal" on your trade in, no matter what you say.

My last car, they gave me 200 dollars on trade (I got SCREWED), and I saw it at a local lot for 1250. Hmmm... makes you wonder, no?