Somebody hates me

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Earlier, my CPU fell as I was trying to take it off the new heatsink to see what was wrong with it, and it fell pinside down onto my case and bent some pins. I tried to bend them back but some were too far bent down to be able to get to. Incredibly upset about that, I decide I'm gonna go see my friend while he's on shift at Jamba Juice and get a Jamba to cool off.

I go over there, spend about 30 minutes there talking to him, telling him about my CPU, he says how I have the worst luck of anybody he knows and jokingly, as I leave, he says "Don't get in a car accident on your way home." Less than 2 minutes later, as Karma Police is finishing up on the radio, suddenly the radio turns off and on 3 times. Then I start smelling something weird and I see my car is smoking.

Looking at the temp I see it's not overheating, but I smell something burning so I pull over and go down the wrong way trying to find the first open parking space I can. The security guard gave me a dirty look, then about 5 minutes later realized wtf was going on. As I get out of my car and turn it off I pop the hood and see flames. Some lady saw them too and I told her to call 911 because I didn't have a fire extinguisher in the car.

She calls 911 and I go inside to get security to see if they have a fire extinguisher. The one who gave me a weird look realizes what was going on and says "Yeah I saw you pull in and wondered what was going on." She gets one of the other guys on duty and he comes out with a fire extinguisher, and at this point my alternator is fried. We open up the hood all the way (I didn't do this because I wanted to run inside and try to get a fire extinguisher as well as didn't want the breeze to feed the fire) and the insulation is on fire still.

The guy with the fire extinguisher asks if I have a cloth to pat it out with and I was like "Uhhhh no, can't you use the fire extinguisher?" He replied that he could but then he would have to refill it. I thought this was downright the stupidest thing ever, but didn't argue, and he started to walk away as I try to pat it out with my white sweatshirt. It's not going out and the other guard is still there so I ask her if she could please just get him to use the fire extinguisher, so he yells back that no he can't because he doesn't want to refill it.

At this point, the fire engine pulls in and I explain what was going on to one of the firemen and they go and get the hose and spray down all the insulation. He asks me if I had tried starting it since it caught fire and went out, and I said no because I didn't want it to catch fire again. He said that was smart and I asked him if he thought I should try to move it just a couple inches, because I parked a little over in one space (There was a car there and the people came out, and as they came out I explained what happened and apologized for parking so close and blocking the passenger door, and the woman said it was fine and asked if I needed anything and I told her no, and her husband just asked if HIS car was alright, what a fvcking douche).

The fireman said I shouldn't worry because I was far back in the parking lot and people don't normally park back there, so I didn't bother moving it. I saw two or three friends and semi-explained what happened to them, then got picked up by my dad.

So somebody definitely hates me, because the CPU pins never should have gotten bent and what are the fvcking odds of my car catching on fire?

Cliffs:
1. Bent CPU pins earlier today
2. Drive to Jamba Juice to see friend on shift and just cool down
3. Friend says I have bad luck and "Don't get in a car accident on your way home"
4. Radio starts acting weird, car starts smoking in parking lot as I'm leaving
5. Lots of smoke, pop open hood after quick parkjob and see flames
6. Tell a lady to call 911 while I go get security
7. Security doesn't want to use fire extinguisher because he doesn't want to have to refill it
7 1/2. Security yells at other security that he doesn't want to use it after I request for a second time that he use it
8. Fire truck shows up, puts it out
9. I have sh1ttiest day of maybe my life

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
The weird part is I SWEAR we used to have a fire extinguisher in that car, and I looked in the back window and I was like "Dammit, we have a fvcking fire extinguisher in our GARAGE but not in the car?!"

Tomorrow is going to be just as bad because tonight I was supposed to go out with this one girl and she couldn't (lowblow number 3 of the day), and we were gonna go out tomorrow for lunch. How the fvck do I explain that one? "Uhhh yeah, funny thing, my car caught on fire."

Someone really just hates me.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I keep a fire extinguisher in the trunk at all times, you just never know!

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
what an asshat. bring out an extinguisher, and decide not to use it.
WTF does he think he is, the chief arbiter of all fires?

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: geno
I keep a fire extinguisher in the trunk at all times, you just never know!

What really irked me was that Mr. Rentacop wouldn't use his! What the hell is the point of having one if you're going to say "Nah, I don't wanna refill it" every time you need it?

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Bah I don't even care about the rentacop, we already knew the alternator was bad we just didn't have time to get it to the mechanic this week. I wish I would've fvcking known it was gonna catch fire.

Ford Country Squire LX, how'd you guys know?

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: pyonir
I don't hate you aplefka. :lips:

Hahaha that's good. Wait, weren't you banned? I wonder who the 4 were that voted for me in that poll. I actually wish it wouldn't have gotten locked cuz I laughed when I saw it and I need some laughs right now.

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Originally posted by: aplefka
Bah I don't even care about the rentacop, we already knew the alternator was bad we just didn't have time to get it to the mechanic this week. I wish I would've fvcking known it was gonna catch fire.

Ford Country Squire LX, how'd you guys know?

Seems alot of Fords have caught fire recently!

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Join the club, I had a not so great day as well.

Must be an epidemic.

:Q

Deal gone wrong, oh Grand Nagus??

Here, have a :beer: on me!

:D

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Join the club, I had a not so great day as well.

Must be an epidemic.

Don't tell me...you had to pay....RETAIL!?! *gasp*