SOME Trump Supporters Think Mueller's Grand Jury Has Too Many Black People

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Ah racists gonna racist. Not shocked at all. They feel at home with the republican Party
Supporters of President Donald Trump have opened a new line of attack on the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election: They think special counsel Robert Mueller’s federal grand jury has too many black people on it.

A Trump associate who “recently testified” complained to New York Post columnist Richard Johnson that the members of the grand jury in Washington looked like they came from a Black Lives Matter protest.

It falls right in line with Trumps feeling about Mexican judges. Black people can't to their job because they are black.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporters-think-mueller-apos-055235157.html

Title edited for clarity and stricter fidelity to the truth. Please be more careful in the future.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sigh... Every day you think we've hit rock bottom and then you're proven wrong.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So when Donald says "The blacks love me" what exactly does that mean to Republican voters?

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
The complainant contended that 11 of the 20 grand jurors in the room during the testimony were African-Americans, which isn’t a surprising figure because it roughly lines up with the percentage of black residents of the District of Columbia. The witness also told Page Six that there “was only one white male in the room, and he was a prosecutor.”

Does any of this matter? I thought grand juries were chosen at random?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The complainant contended that 11 of the 20 grand jurors in the room during the testimony were African-Americans, which isn’t a surprising figure because it roughly lines up with the percentage of black residents of the District of Columbia. The witness also told Page Six that there “was only one white male in the room, and he was a prosecutor.”

Does any of this matter? I thought grand juries were chosen at random?

It matters when you are a racist. Nice group those Trump people

Reactions: gradoman

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well in this case it is an objective fact that only 8% of black voters cast a vote for Trump. Given those kind of numbers, it is not hard to imagine that some black members of the jury have an ax to grind against Trump. Removing all white men from the jury means that the group from which Trump got his most votes will have no hand in the decision. It appears like a stacked jury to me.

It is hard to imagine Trump ever getting a fair hearing. He is loathed by one section of society and loved by another, the jury should be picked from people in neither of those sections. If it is we are no better than any third world country.

People do their jobs all the times with personal opinions. Why do u and Trump insist this doesn’t apply to Blacks and Mexicans?

BTW I’ve been on juries. They don’t ask about race on questionnaires

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Well in this case it is an objective fact that only 8% of black voters cast a vote for Trump. Given those kind of numbers, it is not hard to imagine that some black members of the jury have an ax to grind against Trump. Removing all white men from the jury means that the group from which Trump got his most votes will have no hand in the decision. It appears like a stacked jury to me.
It is hard to imagine Trump ever getting a fair hearing. He is loathed by one section of society and loved by another, the jury should be picked from people in neither of those sections. If it is we are no better than any third world country.
Doing your duty is linked to skin color? Who knew?

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000

This is a joke right?

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Meh, I like playing devil's advocate from time to time. Given all the disparaging remarks Trump has made against minorities and women, they would have to be angels not to consider that when deciding to bring charges. Ideally they would be unaware of those remarks and could approach the case impartially. For that, you would need to find people who absolutely have not been paying attention to presidential politics. Perhaps that is the case here. It would be quite ironic if the targets of his venom end up being the ones to file charges on him.

That his own fault. You don't get to cherry pick your peers by disparaging half the population.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Notices are sent out for GJ just like a PT. I think its random. They serve for an extended period of time hearing many cases.

I gotta get to work, but I'll look up more to understand. With a criminal trial, for instance, there is a selection process where each side gets to question a jury pool and can strike jurors. I'm not interested so much in how the jury pool is created but the process to select the jurors from the pool. Since this isn't a case where charges are brought at the time of grand jury creation or even a single person is the target of an investigation, I'm not sure how you would even define who the defense might be and how they might be able to ensure fairness (from their side) in juror selection.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Trump might get a fair trial in his home country Russia.

Reactions: cytg111 and bshole

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I gotta get to work, but I'll look up more to understand. With a criminal trial, for instance, there is a selection process where each side gets to question a jury pool and can strike jurors. I'm not interested so much in how the jury pool is created but the process to select the jurors from the pool. Since this isn't a case where charges are brought at the time of grand jury creation or even a single person is the target of an investigation, I'm not sure how you would even define who the defense might be and how they might be able to ensure fairness (from their side) in juror selection.
Remember GJ just decides if the case goes to trial not innocence or guilt. One of the reasons they review many cases.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I mean by this logic we could never have a trial for any prominent politician. The constitution does not guarantee a jury that has no opinions on your political position.

The jury is fine as is and will not be changed. In fact to change it would be a grave threat to our system of law.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
A federal judge performs jury selection on grand juries, not attorneys. It would be interesting to know the political persuasion of the judge in this case.

Thanks. In this case, that judge has immense power. And they can do more than decide whether charges should be brought (compel documents and testimony). But I can understand how this is much different than a criminal trial. There really is no way to ensure fairness when the president is central to an investigation.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Thanks. In this case, that judge has immense power. And they can do more than decide whether charges should be brought (compel documents and testimony). But I can understand how this is much different than a criminal trial. There really is no way to ensure fairness when the president is central to an investigation.
According to Trump supporters the only way to ensure fairness, white people.