Some pics from the 2021 Fort Worth Airshow...

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Even though airshows are returning to the full airshow experience (with static displays and closer viewing areas), the Fort Worth show was pretty much a drive in show where you watched the show from your car in a grass parking lot that wasn't very close to the flight line/airshow box (we were able to sneak into a spot closest to the box so that helped alot). Alot of this has to do with Amazon pretty much taking over Alliance airport. Airshow rules force any building in the airshow box to be evacuated during the airshow and we know that Amazon isn't going to shut down for an airshow. Because of this, the airshow box was moved and the folks putting on the airshow had to adjust accordingly.

The Blue Angels were the headliners....but by the time they performed, the sun was behind them for most of their maneuvers which is a major bummer for those taking pictures :(

Anyway, here are a few pics:
DSC07533_Optimizer.jpg

DSC08970.JPG
DSC08012.JPGDSC08292-SharpenAI-motion_Optimizer.jpgDSC09695_Optimizer.jpgDSC02983.JPGDSC00591_Optimizer.jpgDSC01575_Optimizer-SharpenAI-motion.jpg
DSC02462_Optimizer.jpg

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Nice pics. I grew up on USAF bases in the 50's and 60's. We got airshows every day... :p But the annual Armed Forces Day show was always the best. Yes, back then, propeller-driven planes were still VERY common...and as I got older, they were phased out for jets...but there were always a few...classic aircraft on display or flying around for the shows.

Reactions: spacejamz

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I had to do a double take on the bottom plane. WTF kind of mutant is that...ohh
They think it's real cute to have 2 jet and 2 prop fighters fly in formation (maybe to prove the stall speed of present day jets isn't that low). I guess this year they had 2 Mustangs. You can see the hidden one in that picture in this video from 2 years ago flying with an F22:

Reactions: Captante