Some people... :-|

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I just had a guy bitch at me because I verified that he didn't block anonymous calls. I'm trying to track down some information for him, & don't know how long it will take. So I got a callback number, & asked if he accepted blocked calls. In the past our outbound calls have shown up as anonymous, but they may have started to show Qwest Communications. Either way, I need to check to make sure I'm able to get through to him.

Customer: Why are your calls blocked?
Me: That's just the way they come off our outbound trunks.
Customer: But that could be changed if you wanted to.
Me: I can't change that.
Customer: I know you can't, but your superiors can. Pass that on to them, that customers don't like it.
Me: Ok. (whatever)

Why do people have to be such pricks? I'm doing by best to help him, & he's bitching because my calls don't show up on caller ID?

My God.

Viper GTS

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Hah, gotta love the customers who go off on retarded tangents. I'll get a call about someone who can't get mail, then they'll start bitching because Dialup Networking won't save their password or some BS like that :|

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
You should have just said "sorry for bothering you sir, goodbye" (click)

Well actually you shouldn't have, but probably would have been gratifying :)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Mark it down and put it in the suggestion box.

I'm sorry, but I don't take orders from customers.

Viper GTS

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
big deal....why u get so annoyed? Ur always gonna have to deal with people like that in life....mite as well not complain

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< big deal....why u get so annoyed? Ur always gonna have to deal with people like that in life....mite as well not complain >>

&quot;Y&quot; don't &quot;U&quot; &quot;LERN&quot; how to spell? It &quot;MITE&quot; help &quot;U&quot;. 'Tard.

Too bad Viper. People suck. I hate people. :D

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000

<< Mark it down and put it in the suggestion box.

I'm sorry, but I don't take orders from customers.

Viper GTS
>>

dude i think your attitude is the problem here, dont mean to flame you or anything, but i personally have never picked up a call that was anonymous and i have many friends who their phone doesnt even ring when an incoming anonymous call comes in, it goes directly to voice mail. so this might not be a bad idea to pass along. after all you do work for the customer aholes or not, you do work for them.

dam()

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
First, there is no way for me to get that information to people who would actually be able to do something about it.

Second, I do not take orders from customers. I am, however, surprisingly helpful when people ask me to do things. If someone is polite, I will go out of my way to help them. If someone is rude, I won't do any more than my job.

Viper GTS

smartt

Golden Member
Sep 27, 2000
He should just do like me, don't answer the damn phone, especially for OUT OF AREA. I don't give a sh*t if it is Ed McMahon from the Publisher's Clearing House, let him leave a message like anyone else. If I wanted to talk to someone, I'd call them.