some lady just attacked my dog

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
if i saw a giant hairy rat like that trying to bite me i wouldn't hit it with the stool, i'd punt it like a football.

keep your dog on a leash next time.

oldman420

Platinum Member
May 22, 2004
poor little bruno he did not deserve that but a mother bear would have eaten him . you have to protect animals from idiots that would hurt them . you not this protective mother hold responability for not protecting bruno when he is out in the world.
get a better leash

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
kids are more valuable than dogs.

Yes the dog is small and cute, but it can also bite. Even a "nip" is not nessecary if you have control of your dog which you obviously dind't. How far were you away from the dog when the lady threw the stool? Because it seems to me if you were trying to catch you dog, you would have been hit by the stool as well due to your close proximty. Therefore I have to think you were quite a distance from the incident.

I like dogs as well, I've actually trained a few. But I also know that dogs can be unpredictable. Do you know how dogs tell their young they did somthing wrong? They nip at them.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: toant103
thank goodness Bruno is fine now. No where in hell i'm going next to her building again. I hope the neighbor has a pitbull and just him loose on her. I know, it's kinda mean but i'm pissed when i think about it

You wish her harm because you have no clue about responsibility? :confused:
If I had been in her situation and I was afraid for my kid's safety, I would have kicked your dog to the next county.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: dabuddha
thank goodness Bruno is fine now. No where in hell i'm going next to her building again. I hope the neighbor has a pitbull and just him loose on her. I know, it's kinda mean but i'm pissed when i think about it

You wish her harm because you have no clue about responsibility? :confused:
If I had been in her situation and I was afraid for my kid's safety, I would have kicked your dog to the next county.

TOUCHDOWN!!!

Couldnt resist, sorry.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Gooberlx2
you should have thrown a rock at her kids face.

Why would he want to do that? He'd be dead or at least seriously hurt if he had done that.

Bassyhead

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2001
it was not the woman's fault the collar broke and dog came after her. she had no idea what the dog was going to do, unfortunately. i wouldnt have hit the dog if i was in her place but i can understand the position she was in.

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
This reminds me of the time my wife's friend saw a snake near her children in the garden. When she noticed it the snake was 5 feet from her 2 year old daughter. She killed the snake without even thinking.

Turns out the snake was a harmless snake, but she wasn't going to wait to find out.

Moral of the story is: Animals not under the direct control of their owner (leash) that scare a parent in any way will be hurt or killed.

Learn to control your dog, or be prepared to have it killed, and you thrown in jail.

BigJimbo

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2002
after the attacks....his girlfriend ran over the dog with her bike...man BRUNO is not having a good week

toant103

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJimbo
after the attacks....his girlfriend ran over the dog with her bike...man BRUNO is not having a good week

no. That was a month ago i think.

Calin

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
You're lucky that the woman didn't bit your dog. That would have been awful

Calin

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: yukichigai
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: yukichigai
I'd kick a helmet kid if he bit my foot like that dog did.
bit or nip ? YOu know the difference right ? A distaste for an animal is clearly evident whether they do something to you or not... it's obvious among you guys...
If his teeth are on my foot and they're pressing down I consider it a bite.

Little dogs may "nip", but it hurts. Once it hurts it's a bite, no question.
So attacking someone (a child) when they do something they shouldn't like punching or biting you sounds in your nature... good to know.

People see dogs as a lower life form but they still feel pain just the same. What's more is they're helpless and their aggressiveness is by nature. You have control, do you not ? So sick of this "I'd punt him 500 feet if it did that to me" macho-man crap. :roll: If you think you're so much better than them, why don't you just put sticks of dynamite in their mouth and light it up ?

Uhm, my daughter had a problem with biting for about 2 weeks. I say only two weeks because every time she did it, I'd slap her upside her head. She doesn't bite anymore.

Take that however you want to.

Edit: That doesn't mean I condone abusing animals. I doubt he kicked the dog in the head like he would a football, and unless we're talking a full on attack by a large dog I doubt anyone here would go out of their way to seriously injure a dog.

If a dog bit me, I'd kick it too. Not across the room, but firmly enough to let the lil bastard know that I don't appreciate it.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Citrix
well if she thought her kids were in danger of being bit by an unleashed dog, she has every right to defend herself and her kids.

Agreed

DWW

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: classy
well if she thought her kids were in danger of being bit by an unleashed dog, she has every right to defend herself and her kids.

Agreed

Well being that she was middle eastern, maybe the OP thought she was a terrorist. Should he have "every right to defend himself" and country to kung fu'd her ass? (This is based on a wild assumption with no threat or one to suspect just like his dog showed no threat to her.)

Simply, NO.

toant103

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: DWW
Originally posted by: classy

Agreed

Well being that she was middle eastern, maybe the OP thought she was a terrorist. Should he have "every right to defend himself" and country to kung fu'd her ass? (This is based on a wild assumption with no threat or one to suspect just like his dog showed no threat to her.)

Simply, NO.

hahhaha,

Just went by her apartment today, saw some people putting new carpet in. Maybe she moved out or maybe the rental office is putting new carpet in for her.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: DougK62
Is she hot? You should go "apologize".

she's in her mid 30. so she's not hot

i know you're not implying that women in their mid 30's can not be hot.

EDIT: just as a counterexample, let me state that demi moore is 40.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Originally posted by: blackdogdeek

EDIT: just as a counterexample, let me state that demi moore is 40.
Yeah but how 40 year olds look like Demi Moore? Demi has money and she can afford the best treatment for her skin and can afford to get the best exercise possible (with probably a personal trainer). Most women in the mid to late-30s start to lose their looks -- not all but most.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
You should just get one of those ship anchor chains and use that as a dog collar. Your dog won't get loose again, in fact your dog won't be able to move at all. :)

Calin

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by: GrumpyMan
You should just get one of those ship anchor chains and use that as a dog collar. Your dog won't get loose again, in fact your dog won't be able to move at all. :)

I saw the anchor chain from a supertanker... let me tell you, with 5 pieces of that chain, _I_ woulnd't be able to move

Calin