Some kids never listen, til it's too late

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
how many times were you told as a child not to be too close to the TV?

story from paper

Child killed when television falls on her

OREM -- A 5-year-old Payson girl was killed when a large television fell on her while her parents were shopping,

Police Lt. Phil Murphy said the accident happened at Circuit City at 4:09 p.m. Wednesday.

"We"re still investigating why the TV fell over and exactly what the circumstances were, so at this point the store"s risk management people are still conducting an investigation and so are we," Murphy said.

The girl"s name was not released, Murphy said, because some family members had not been notified.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
I think my parents had different reasoning when telling me that.

Tragic story nonetheless.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Originally posted by: TNTrulez
Originally posted by: Stark
That's going to be one big lawsuit.

If it was caused by the parent's negligence then it would be over pretty quickly.

Not here in the states. They would probably win.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Dang SirFshAlot haven't seen you around in a while. There was thread of people wondering where you have been the other day.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: TNTrulez
Originally posted by: Stark
That's going to be one big lawsuit.

If it was caused by the parent's negligence then it would be over pretty quickly.

I don't know how a TV would fall over and kill a child because of the parents negligence unless it was the kid that tipped it over. Even if that's the case, they will still win... or CC with settle out of court.

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Wingznut PEZ
Originally posted by: Aquaman
DANG :(

Very sad :(

Condolensces,
Aquaman
Very sad, indeed. :(

Btw, a "big lawsuit" doesn't mean sh*t when your little girl is gone.

Thas a bunch of BS!!!!! You have no idea what kind of parents they were! They can be the happiest people on earth right now, there is some messed up people in this world.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
The family is mormon and I doubt they will sue the pants off circuit city. The circuit city CEO guy flew to them and is personally taking responsibility and helping the family. It had a quick interview with the guy and he was very sincere and sad and shaken up.

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
holy crap...that Circuit City is just down the street from here...HOLY CRAP!!! Poor girl...somebodies parents are going to be rich.
man, I've bought tons of crap from there...nuts...

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
I would laugh if it was not so sad... geez, now I know that parents are not just being dumb when they tell you to sit back

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Millenium
Dang SirFshAlot haven't seen you around in a while. There was thread of people wondering where you have been the other day.

yeah sirfshalot.. i havent seen you here and at MCUSA forums.. what's up..

good to see you around once again..

poopaskoopa

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Chiboy
Originally posted by: Wingznut PEZ
Originally posted by: Aquaman
DANG :(

Very sad :(

Condolensces,
Aquaman
Very sad, indeed. :(

Btw, a "big lawsuit" doesn't mean sh*t when your little girl is gone.

Thas a bunch of BS!!!!! You have no idea what kind of parents they were! They can be the happiest people on earth right now, there is some messed up people in this world.

It's not a bunch of BS.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
=(

big tvs are supposed to be strapped at the top in entertainment systems to prevent that... =(

tipped over tvs kill more ppl than i would like =\

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
Originally posted by: The_good_guy

yeah sirfshalot.. i havent seen you here and at MCUSA forums.. what's up..

good to see you around once again..

you can find me at the Motorcycle Forum in The War Room with Omar, Yellowduck, Muc, et. al.

thanks

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000

got a link?

It would be nice to check in with all my old pals here, but you're all so hard to find amidst the gazillions of unrecognizables.

;)