Some good news from Chile

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
“Chileans on Sunday elected Gabriel Boric as their next president, entrusting the young leftist lawmaker with helping to shape the future of a nation that has been roiled by protests and is now drafting a new Constitution.
At 35, Mr. Boric will be the nation’s youngest leader and by far its most liberal since President Salvador Allende, who died by suicide during the 1973 military coup that ushered in a brutal 17-year dictatorship.
He will assume office at the final stage of a yearslong initiative to draft a new Constitution, an effort that is likely to bring about profound legal and political changes on issues including gender equality, Indigenous rights and environmental protections.”

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
How far they have come from Pinochet. No thanks to the US fucking it up as much and as hard as they could every fucking step of the way.

NO refugees though, only fuck it up, never deal with it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Or the CIA, wouldn't be the first, second or third time they did that in a way where it was so open that it is undeniable.
US Capitalism needs to be protected from a worldwide Communist threat and probably because in practice there is so little about it that is actually very attractive, unless, of course, your aim is to become a member of the 1%. Then, of course, even Jesus Christ will look like a threat.

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
US Capitalism needs to be protected from a worldwide Communist threat and probably because in practice there is so little about it that is actually very attractive, unless, of course, your aim is to become a member of the 1%. Then, of course, even Jesus Christ will look like a threat.

I am a member of the 0.1% through a lifelong work and I pay over 50% in taxes which is not nearly enough. We do better than you guys but not nearly good enough, UBI is a necessary next step IMO. Let people live free for REAL!

I get that you are being sarcastic and using the communist tag as ... well... as 'muricans do. I like you, I think you have a great sense of empathy in you which is a good thing in any human being, it just makes you hurt more when things go the opposite direction which in your nation is at every fucking opportunity it seems.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I am a member of the 0.1% through a lifelong work and I pay over 50% in taxes which is not nearly enough. We do better than you guys but not nearly good enough, UBI is a necessary next step IMO. Let people live free for REAL!

I get that you are being sarcastic and using the communist tag as ... well... as 'muricans do. I like you, I think you have a great sense of empathy in you which is a good thing in any human being, it just makes you hurt more when things go the opposite direction which in your nation is at every fucking opportunity it seems.
I have a mixed problem with suffering. I hate to see people suffer, I hate it intensely, but it was only suffering that set me free. Somewhere in the Apocrypha I have heard there is a quote attributed to Jesus. Did you but suffer you would not suffer. I know this to be true as deeply as one can know anything. It's not a theory or an opinion. Sarcasm is my compromise. It satisfies to some degree those two sides of me. Nothing personal about the 1% thingi. Probably 1% of the 1% is like you. :)

• Love
Reactions: MichaelMay

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
I have a mixed problem with suffering. I hate to see people suffer, I hate it intensely, but it was only suffering that set me free. Somewhere in the Apocrypha I have heard there is a quote attributed to Jesus. Did you but suffer you would not suffer. I know this to be true as deeply as one can know anything. It's not a theory or an opinion. Sarcasm is my compromise. It satisfies to some degree those two sides of me. Nothing personal about the 1% thingi. Probably 1% of the 1% is like you. :)

I've spent the appropriate time in my own personal hell I believe, enough to make me realize who I am and what I want for myself and others. Perhaps that was needed to make me a better man. Not perfect by any means but a better man than what I was. Perhaps everyone needs a bit of that but I wish it on no one.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I've spent the appropriate time in my own personal hell I believe, enough to make me realize who I am and what I want for myself and others. Perhaps that was needed to make me a better man. Not perfect by any means but a better man than what I was. Perhaps everyone needs a bit of that but I wish it on no one.
The flip side to wishing on no one is that we suffer unconsciously anyway. The hell we suffer is what we unconsciously create not realizing it's what we feel we we deserve. We can't let go of guilt. It requires grace and if you want to get hit by grace you have to stand in the middle of Grace Rd. That is the place where we suffer.

Reactions: MichaelMay

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
The flip side to wishing on no one is that we suffer unconsciously anyway. The hell we suffer is what we unconsciously create not realizing it's what we feel we we deserve. We can't let go of guilt. It requires grace and if you want to get hit by grace you have to stand in the middle of Grace Rd. That is the place where we suffer.

I know, I see it in others as I know it in myself. It isn't something that goes away even if there are times of comfort and where you feel at ease. It's the downside of being an empath. It is also the upside because when good things happen to others I rejoice and take part in their celebration, even if it's someone I do not know.

I want mainly to be as I am, I can live with myself and even feel good about myself and my works as I am now. It makes life a lot more enjoyable.