Some drunk kids are having a loud party next door at 12:20 in the morning. What should I do?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Originally posted by: mooglemania85
1.stop posting in ATOT
2. put on some clothes
3. join the party
4. hook up
5. make a thread in the Love and Relationships Forum

Yes, this is EXACTLY what you should do. Step 1 and 5 can go unacknowledged if you choose, but 2-4 are a must. Here is the rest:

6. Pics (don't really have to say it, but women please)
7. Post on ATOT
8. Fulfill life's goals

:D

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
WTF, are you drunk, too?

Go ask nicely, call the cops, or sleep through it like a man. Honestly, it's not hard to sleep through noise, I do it all the time in the city.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Jeff7
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mike
You should remember when you were 20 and a total jackass. Let them have their fun, then tomorrow talk to them so that on a weekday in the future the keep it down.</end quote></div>Some of us were boring. My parents never had to set a curfew for me because I never wanted to go anywhere. The guys in the other room in the apartment at college (2 bedrooms, 4 people) often didn't even know if I was there or not. No noise, no parties, no alcohol. So there. :p

I'd hate to be around for your midlife crisis, should've partied when you had the chance! :)

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Im 22 and if i was having a party and someone just came up to me and asked me to keep it down in a civil manner, i would no problem.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
just call the cops. even when i was a kid i knew better than to let parties spill outside the house or have them past 10 on a weeknight. you owe them nothing, so just rat them out.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: FoBoT
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Orsorum
Call the police and file a noise complaint.</end quote></div>

:thumbsup:

Yep...drop the dime on them.

Going to complain in person could have undesirable complications...your car could get fvcked up,
YOU could get hassled or harrassed,
You could get invited in to join them and maybe "get lucky"...
no way to know...unless you try it.
"Well, do you feel lucky punk? Do you?" ;)

Roguestar

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Go crash the party, drink the beer, hit on the chicks and make sure to throw up all over the place, then crawl home.

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
My solution when I was in college was to have a "party" (it actually consisted of me playing the stereo at high volume) the next morning at about 9am while they are hung over and trying to sleep. It actually worked rather well, they never did it on a weeknight again.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Pacemaker
My solution when I was in college was to have a "party" (it actually consisted of me playing the stereo at high volume) the next morning at about 9am while they are hung over and trying to sleep. It actually worked rather well, they never did it on a weeknight again.

:eyeroll;

I bet you were the most popular kid in the school

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: halik
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Pacemaker
My solution when I was in college was to have a "party" (it actually consisted of me playing the stereo at high volume) the next morning at about 9am while they are hung over and trying to sleep. It actually worked rather well, they never did it on a weeknight again.</end quote></div>

:eyeroll;

I bet you were the most popular kid in the school</end quote></div>

I started my "party" when I got back from taking a test which I had to take on about 2 hours of sleep thanks to the party next door. I do not have a problem with parties on the weekends or on vacation days, but during the week is very disrespectful to those who actually care about passing classes.

BTW I did nothing to them that they didn't do to me, but somehow according to you my actions are somehow worse :roll:

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Mike
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Jeff7
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mike
You should remember when you were 20 and a total jackass. Let them have their fun, then tomorrow talk to them so that on a weekday in the future the keep it down.</end quote></div>Some of us were boring. My parents never had to set a curfew for me because I never wanted to go anywhere. The guys in the other room in the apartment at college (2 bedrooms, 4 people) often didn't even know if I was there or not. No noise, no parties, no alcohol. So there. :p</end quote></div>

Nothing wrong with that, but if you don't party just realize that for some people that is fun.

And some people have to wake up on weekday mornings.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

My neighbors occasionally have loud-drunken bashes that go pretty late. When that happens, I ALWAYS am out at 7:00 AM with my chain saw and/or gas powered mini-tiller...running at full throttle in the piece between our houses...
one good turn deserves another...;)

(7:a.m. is the earliest I can legally run that equipment without "disturbing the peace" in this city, otherwise I'd be out even earler.)

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com

there are words for people like you

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
Calling the police is what whiners who did not get invited do to get even. If you did not up and go to the party, well, that's just wrong.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Baloo
Calling the police is what whiners who did not get invited do to get even. If you did not up and go to the party, well, that's just wrong.

some whiners have lives that include working for a living at jobs that don't involve flipping burgers or folding clothes. these people have to get up in the morning so they can earn more money in the next day than you'll earn in a week, child. so, you know, it might be kind of important to them to be able to sleep.

just a thought.

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
We have a house around here that does that. One night, it stopped for a bit, but started again at 3am. A few people (including me) could be heard shouting "turn off the f*ing music". After a few more minutes of it, I called 311 and reported them. Not sure if anything was done about it, but I haven't heard the noise since then.

I don't give a crap if it's a weekend or not. Or if I was 20 again... blah blah. I cherish my sleep.

imported_bum

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2005
Originally posted by: altonb1
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FleshLight
12:20 is when the party starts</end quote></div>

I thought it started at 4:20?

:thumbsup: