Some African Americans voting for Obama

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
Originally posted by: freshgeardude
FIRST, I do not want this to turn into a racist post.

I found this interesting recording of Howard Stern, showing how some African American citizens are voting for Obama because he is also African American.

Link Here

They asked people on the street if they like Obama, and suggested some of "his" policies, using actual McCain's policies, and they said they like Obama for that and are voting for him because of that.

So honestly, these people are already bias, not caring for the important stuff and caring more about ethnicity.

You'll probably find it equally interesting that some Caucasian Americans are voting for John McCain because he isn't black.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: KK
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: KK
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
NEWSFLASH: 90% of blacks who vote, vote Dem...
NEWSFLASH: Obama is running as a Dem...

2+2

It's not a race thing. He may inspire more blacks to vote but the ratios will hold true regardless. How many blacks voted for Allan Keys in the '00 primaries? Thanks.

NEWSFLASH: 50% more blacks will cast a vote this year than previous years strictly because obama is running.
You have a problem with that?

Since they will be doing so strictly because of his race, then yes. Its just as bad as whites only voting for McCain because he is white and obama is black. I'm guessing you are ok with it though.

It is what it is. It just so happens that I'm voting for Obama so I can't say that I'm upset at all by their choice in candidate so why should I care about their reasons?

I'm ok with it too.