SOLVED! - Help Me Remember a Movie! Robot Cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Money

Feb 9, 2003
I believe this movie is either late 80s or early 90s. It was a cartoon.

Few things I remember:

1. Each robot is controlled by a person and is huge.
2. The "bad guy" kidnaps people that the main good guy beats in a karate / martial arts tournament and creates robots that fight in their style. The two I remember are one was a karate / kungfu robot and one was a sumo robot. The karate guy had blonde hair. No idea how I remember that. I think his robot was green.
3. I believe at some point the main good guys dad is killed. His Dad created the robot. The good guy ends up using the robot to fight the other ones.

I thought it was Voltron originally, but I don't think it is since what i'm thinking isn't controlled by more than 1 person.

Driving me crazy.

SOLVED!! It is called Voltar the Invincible. It is a dubbed version of Robot Taekwon V. Suprisingly from 1976, but brought to the US in 1985. Thought it was newer than that. Figures why I thought it was Voltron too, very close name.

Here is a clip - http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20018310AhSbtntb?h1=Voltar+the++invincible

Can see the blonde dude I was talking about being kidnapped.

Last edited:

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004
no idea about points 2 and 3, but maybe one of the gundam wing series

that or power rangers ;)

J-Money

Feb 9, 2003
Nope none of those :(

Damn wish I could remember more. I think there was a pyramid in it and the big fight was in the desert. There may or may not have been a robot dragon, I'm pretty sure there was.

And I don't believe space was involved. All was on earth.

Thanks for the guesses though!

Status
Not open for further replies.